Contributor
Accepted Solution

I cannot add attachment to email

The add attachment button is not working.  When I click on it, a screen is suppose to pop up so that I can attach my files.  When I click on the button, there is no pop up screen.  Anyone knows how I can fix it.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: I cannot add attachment to email

Hello,

Are you getting any error messages?

Contributor

When I click on the Add Attachment button, nothing happens and no error messages.  However, everytme when I first log into my email account, I get the following error message "an error occurred while initializing the zimlet comcast search, please notify administrator.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

The info you are providing is very vague. You need to provide us more detail info. We can't keep on guessing how to fix the problem.

If you want here are my guess to fix the problem

1. Try clearing your browser cookie,cache and temp files and history files.

2. Try a different browser.

3. Try setting your browser to the defaults.

4. Have you search in the forum if other customers are having the problem and if so what did they do to get the problem resolved

5. Are you using xfinity connect lite or full

6. Are you using another email client

Contributor

I'm also having same problem all of  suddent. Following error using three different comcast screennames when tryinfg to attach file and send: Anyone have any ideas?

Unable to upload attachment. Instructions on how to attach files are available in Help:
Learn More [http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=EmailWebmail19033] SCC-1120

Contributor

It's definitely a comcast problem. I have no problem doing the same attachments using other accounts such as Hotmail and AOL

New Visitor

No ... it highlights and then won't attach.

New Visitor
aug123

The same has been happening to me... very fustrating since i have been trying to do alot of work from home. did anyone find a fix to the problem?

New Visitor

I cannot attach anything to my e-mails that I am sending.  I have been getting an error message everytime I go into my e-mail.  It states something about "zimlet search".  I have tried entering zimlet in the help site but nothing comes up.  I am not very computer saavy so try not to give complicated instructions on how to fix this from my end.  I have not added anything new to my computer for a long time now and this "zimlet" thing just started to appear and the inability to attach anything to my e-mails also just started.  Please help with this problem.  It seems it is happening to a number of others as well.  Thanks for your help.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrator that you are getting the zimlet search error. He will ask you to send him a Private Message containing the Usernames affected. Watch for a reply or Private Message. Please do NOT posy ant Usernames in the public forums.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

That makes at least two of us.  Things were fine when Comcast was chief in charge.  Now that Xfinity has wormed its way in, I have to resort to hopping in the car and using up gas to deliver copy across town. . . .  How nice it would have been if "they" had let well enough alone.  I also tried emailing comcast -- and couldn't get through. 

New Visitor
mmm101

I am getting the same error message and cannot add attachments in an email.  I click on add attachment and nothing happens.  I added "Constant Guard" yesterday and did a full system scan and backup overnight.  No viruses found and still getting the same error in my email.

Email Expert
CCCarole

mmm101 wrote:

I am getting the same error message and cannot add attachments in an email.  I click on add attachment and nothing happens.  I added "Constant Guard" yesterday and did a full system scan and backup overnight.  No viruses found and still getting the same error in my email.

Are you also getting the zimlet search error?  Let us know and we can escalate.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
Suzannepa64

I am also getting the zimlet message and can no longer add attachments. Has this problem been resolved?

I have windows 7. Have cleared the cache and still have the problem.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Do you have any toolbars? If so, uninstall them one at a time. After each uninstall go to your mail and see if the error message has disappeared and also try to add an attachment. If you have the Comcast toolbar uninstall it first.

What browser are you using? If Internet Explorer, reset it.

Start menu>>Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Advanced tab.

Click Reset. Do not check the first box. All other boxes should be checked. Click Reset.

This will change your home page to MSN. You can easily change it back to whatever page your prefer.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
a---s

yes

New Visitor
a---s

am getting error messages

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you are getting error messages, please post the entire error message please.

New Visitor
shackhappy

buddy04 wrote:

The add attachment button is not working.  When I click on it, a screen is suppose to pop up so that I can attach my files.  When I click on the button, there is no pop up screen.  Anyone knows how I can fix it.

Official Employee

Hi - We're trying find a reprodusable case for this problem.. Which browser are you currently using to access xfinity?

Can you please email me the info to helpme(at)plaxo.com? We'd like to investigate the problem and help!

Thank you

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

This is not the ONLY customer reporting this problem.  Please look for other threads/posts in this Forum.

Thank you.

CCCarole

New Visitor

I am also haveing this problem!

CCCarole wrote:

This is not the ONLY customer reporting this problem.  Please look for other threads/posts in this Forum.

Thank you.

CCCarole

New Visitor

Queen-Evie wrote:

Do you have any toolbars? If so, uninstall them one at a time. After each uninstall go to your mail and see if the error message has disappeared and also try to add an attachment. If you have the Comcast toolbar uninstall it first.

What browser are you using? If Internet Explorer, reset it.

Start menu>>Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Advanced tab.

Click Reset. Do not check the first box. All other boxes should be checked. Click Reset.

This will change your home page to MSN. You can easily change it back to whatever page your prefer.

This worked for me thank you

Visitor

I too  have this problem( cannot add an attachment to an  newly composed email) in ie9 in Vista

I have reset  my settings under internet options, cleared my cache,  even uninstalled my last app installed

Does anyone know the solution!!!!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

dmatano wrote:

I too  have this problem( cannot add an attachment to an  newly composed email) in ie9 in Vista

I have reset  my settings under internet options, cleared my cache,  even uninstalled my last app installed

Does anyone know the solution!!!!!!

If you are currently using the FULL version of XfinityConnect, try switching to the LITE version.  To do:  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences>General.  A window opens showing you the two versions... Which one is checked?  If it is the fULL version, check the box for the Lite version.  Close and re-open XC and you should be in Lite now.

Can you add an attachment using Lite?

CC

Visitor

what I hear are hit or miss  suggestions which may work or not!   I am relatively tech savy and am very interested to understand this issue

Email Expert
CCCarole

There have been many different issues with XfinityConnect for many months now... Mostly they concern the FULL version of XfinityConnect. Your issue is just one of the many.  Comcast is aware of them and the XfinityConnect Team is supposed to be working on fixes.

The Full and Lite version are built on different platforms. 

Visitor

i was able to attach to me email will the full version  be fixed so we can add attachments??

Visitor

Thank you very much for your explanation  and understand that your dealing with many different probs

Visitor
gerryjean

My DELL w' Winows 8, using Xfinity Full (or Lite) versions, can't add attachments.  Virtually all the complaints in this forum I've experienced ... I continually get the Zimlet error msg.  I've deleted the caches, reset things, prayed, etc. .... absolutely nada.  Called XF phone support .... couldn't get the guy to understand the problem (I had to explain what email attachments were).  He did say that "we've been having a lot of internet problems".  When I first hooked the DELL up, I tried to send a large home video ( the "add attachment" window was working then ... around Dec. 26-27, 2012) but was unable because of the large size.  Could that have contributed to the problem?  C'mon, with all the similar reporting of the same problem here, it's difficult to see why a solution isn't forthcoming!

Official Employee
ComcastAnthony

This is caused by IE add-ons.  For example the Add-on publisher "Amazing Apps / 215 Apps" Add-on Name "I Want This" will cause the error if the add-on is enabled.

I would recommend that you disable all add-ons in IE (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select each add-on and click disable), then RESTART IE to see if the error goes away.  If the error does go away then you can then do the following to determine which add-on is causing the problem.

1) enable one of the previously disabled add-ons (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select an add-on and click enable)

2) restart the browser

3) re-open the browser and goto comcast.net email to see if you get the error again

repeat steps 1-3 until you get the error again

once you get the error you will know that the last add-on enable was the one that caused the problem.

If an add-on is greyed out and unable to be disabled from the menu, then you'll need to go to control panel and uninstall the program that installed the rogue add-on.

Visitor
gerryjean

BINGO!!!!!! Following your instructions (which I printed & will keep handy), I first tried to disable the add-on at the top of the list.  Unable to do this, I uninstalled the culprit (Coupon Companion Plugin) per your suggestion & ..... finally! ...... saw the "add attachment" window.

Thanks much and nice going!!!

Visitor

I was able a while back to send emails with attachment but now when I try, nothing happens. I click on "attach" and nothing happens. What is wrong?

Email Expert
CCCarole

ralquier wrote:

I was able a while back to send emails with attachment but now when I try, nothing happens. I click on "attach" and nothing happens. What is wrong?

Did you read the Solution post made by Aorapal in this thread?

New Visitor
jhnraposa

Email Expert
CCCarole

jhnraposa wrote:

Read the solution in post #31 which has a green background.

CC

New Visitor

mine was a add on called infoatoms and had to uninstall at control panel it also solved a error message i have been getting whenever i opened my comcast mail . so 2 birds with one stone on that one. i think i got it as a package deal on software i tried out, because i dont recall where i got it from

New Visitor
mikekogan

I have tried the corrections in the green highlite above with no success

I still cannot add an attachment

New Visitor
mikekogan

In addition, it is not a comcast error directly. I can add attachments from my account using my wife's computer (Windows 7). I do not understand why it won't work on my mine (same computer brand HP and Windows 7 as well). I have disabled all add-ons and I still get the same Zimlet search error. I am frustrated that comcast has not posted a better solution to this error.

New Visitor

i was finally able to fix problem by uninstalling a toolbar search add-on

New Visitor

Was having the same problems, tried all of the advice, did the "Manage Ad-Ons" and found that when I enabled "price peep" I was able to send an attachment.  My error messages went away so lets hope this fixes it.  If not, I will reply again with problems.

New Visitor
tiredofXfinity

I have cleared the cache

I have cleared the temp files

I do not use any other email client

I use my smartphone with Safari and have no issues

I use Win 8

I have downloaded all the updates

I receive an "error message" when opening email - error message doesn't give any information, except to ask if "you want to send the error to the administrator"

when I click on the attachment nothing happens, it does not highlight or anything.

New Visitor
tiredofXfinity

I use the full version of Xfinity Connect

Email Expert
CCCarole

Options
‎01-12-2013 11:09 AM

This is caused by IE add-ons. For example the Add-on publisher "Amazing Apps / 215 Apps" Add-on Name "I Want This" will cause the error if the add-on is enabled.

I would recommend that you disable all add-ons in IE (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select each add-on and click disable), then RESTART IE to see if the error goes away. If the error does go away then you can then do the following to determine which add-on is causing the problem.

1) enable one of the previously disabled add-ons (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select an add-on and click enable)

2) restart the browser

3) re-open the browser and goto comcast.net email to see if you get the error again

once you get the error you will know that the last add-on enable was the one that caused the problem.

If an add-on is greyed out and unable to be disabled from the menu, then you'll need to go to control panel and uninstall the program that installed the rogue add-on.

New Visitor
debraymond

I have cleared my cookies and cache and reset my internet to default.  No luck.  Still can't.

New Visitor
debraymond

I'm having same problem, chatted with online and still no attachment luck. Not a happy camper

New Visitor
debraymond

• I am getting zimlet error message regarding comcast_search.
New Visitor
debraymond

I use windows 7

New Visitor
debraymond

I reset internet but it didn't work

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you all read the post made by Aporal in this thread?  The green background post contained the answers.

This is caused by IE add-ons.  For example the Add-on publisher "Amazing Apps / 215 Apps" Add-on Name "I Want This" will cause the error if the add-on is enabled.

I would recommend that you disable all add-ons in IE (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select each add-on and click disable), then RESTART IE to see if the error goes away.  If the error does go away then you can then do the following to determine which add-on is causing the problem.

2) restart the browser