New Visitor

I just want to go to my email account?

How can i just go straight to my eamil account.  Everything used to be so easy now i keep getting redirected everywhere.
Email Expert
madylarian

Re: I just want to go to my email account?

drKarwowski wrote:
How can i just go straight to my eamil account.

Unless you are already signed in to another Comcast forum, site, whatever, you can't. Unfortunately Comcast removed that handy little access in order to direct more traffic to their home page.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Visitor

so how do I get to my email account?  Or how do I change to yahoo or some other email and then get all future email forwarded to my new email?
Email Expert
madylarian

gramhermie wrote:
so how do I get to my email account?  Or how do I change to yahoo or some other email and then get all future email forwarded to my new email?

Assuming you mean Smartzone, go to Comcast.net and click on the Email icon on the right side.  Once there I suggest that you click on Preferences (across the top) and go through each tab.  This will allow you to set up your deletion schedule, signature and most other email account functions.  One of those functions is email forwarding where, if you wish, you can forward your Comcast email to another email account.  Or, you can add access to that other account, if it has pop access, through the Email Manager.

mady

Visitor

I can't find the email icon on the right side - please be more specific as to where it is.  This is very annoying and I think you should tell the bosses that it was a dumb idea to change the email settings.  If I wanted to go to comcast's main page I would simply go there.  When I want to go to email, I just want to go to my email.  Thank you
Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

From the homepage (www.comcast.net) scroll all the way over to the far right side of the page (the same place you sign in)  Look for this box.  Click on the envelope.

th_NewSignin-1.jpg

Message Edited by CCCarole on 03-10-2010 12:03 PM

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
madylarian

[ Edited ]

gramhermie wrote:
If I wanted to go to comcast's main page I would simply go there.  When I want to go to email, I just want to go to my email.  Thank you

I agree with you 1000 percent.  And I have found that the best way to access my email and avoid Comcast's home page is to use an email client on my own home computer.  I prefer Pegasus but other options include Outlook Epress or Windows Mail (depending on your operating system), Thunderbird, Eudora or Outlook.

mady

Message Edited by madylarian on 03-10-2010 11:55 PM
Regular Visitor

Please, I need to check my e-mail .  I'm waiting for some vailable information!!!!!!!!

Kathy

Email Expert
CCCarole

retiredkat wrote:

Please, I need to check my e-mail .  I'm waiting for some vailable information!!!!!!!!

Kathy

Assuming you are using Smartzone-Can you please tell us how you are trying to get to your e-mail? Post the steps you are taking.  Are you receiving any error messages at all?  If so, can you post the error message?

Normally you should be able to get to your e-mailin SZ by signing in on the Comcast homepage, then clicking on the emailicon (envelope) in the same box.

th_NewSignin-1.jpg

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole