New Visitor
molly1429

I want to block an email address

I would like to block an email address so I do not receive any emails from them.  How do I do this?   It doesn't look like there is an easy solution to this.  I should be able to block an email address.  Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: I want to block an email address

Hello,

The info you provided is very vague and many ways to do this but basically what you have to do is setup a email filter.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

You could either click Preferences/Email Filters and set up a mail filter

OR

There is something in place where you can set up a filter without going to Preferences to set it up if you use Xfinity Connect full version.

The method below is much easier because the From: field in the filter set up will have the address in it. If setting up a filter from Preferences you will have to open the mail, copy the address, click Preferences/Email Filter and do several other steps to create the filter.

HIGHLIGHT the mail in your INBOX. RIGHT click on the highlighted mail. Choose New Filter.

Give the filter a name.

If you are blocking an address do nothing to the From portion.

Click the - to the right of subject. You won't need that since subject tiltes likely won't be the same every time.

Choose what to do with the mail. You can have it sent to trash OR discard which will delete the mail from the server. You will never see it.

Click OK.

If you use Xfinity Connect lite version you can click Preferences/Email/Filters. Follow the directions above when setting up the filter.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

Question for ya Queen E------I selected some emails in  my inbox using your right-click method and it worked OK.  But if I highlighted a message from this forum, the New Filter option is greyed out.

Any idea why?  Just curious.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Are you talking about the email notifications when someone replies to a topic you are subscribed to? If so, New Filter is not grayed out for me.

No clue why it would be for you.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

Yes I mean the forum notifications.  I just right clicked on the one I got from your post immediately above this one, and "Mark as Unread", "View Source", and "New Filter" are all greyed out.  Everything else in the menu is active.

I'm on a Mac, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.  I went straight to the webmail page.

Huh.

ETA:  I just opened that message, and Mark as Unread is now available.  View Source and New Filter are still greyed out.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Latoque, start a new thread about the greyed out issue.

Email Expert
Latoque

OK

New Visitor

How do I block an email coming from a gmail address

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Follow the directions in post #3 above.

New Visitor

Please advise me how to block a sender from my email.  Thank you

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie wrote:

Follow the directions in post #3 above.

New Visitor
EstelaR

I would like to block an email address so I do not receive any emails from them.  How do I do this?   It doesn't look like there is an easy solution to this.  I should be able to block an email address.  Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

See this link for detailed instructions:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/delete-or-redirect-unwanted-spam/

You can also set up the filter by right clicking on the email message and choosing NEW FILTER in the drop down menu.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
jx777f

I want to block an email, not just send it to spam or other folder.

I want the sender to receive a unable to deliever notice so they think my email address no longer exists or they know they are blocked because their email gets bounced back to them.

Again, I do not want to just redirect it to a new folder, I want the sender to know I DID NOT receive the email so they will stop sending them.  AKA stop stalking me.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You can create an email filter to block, but there is no way in XfinityConnect to also have the message bounced back to them.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/delete-or-redirect-unwanted-spam/

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Joe332

I want to block an email address

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Follow the directions in Post #3 above.

New Visitor

TOO CONFUSING

New Visitor
meossuite

Is there a way to let an email sender know your mailbox is programmed to no longer accept emails from their address?  For example -

"Notication Response - Your email message sent to : xyz@comcast.net was automatically deleted.  Do not send any further messages to email address to xyz@comcast.net"

Bronze Problem Solver

meossuite wrote:

Is there a way to let an email sender know your mailbox is programmed to no longer accept emails from their address?  For example -

"Notication Response - Your email message sent to : xyz@comcast.net was automatically deleted.  Do not send any further messages to email address to xyz@comcast.net"

You can't do that with Comcast, but you might be able to fake somebody out. Create a new email address that *looks* like your email address, create a filter that forwards email from the problem sender to that newly created address, and "suspend" that newly created address. For example, create the address me0ssuite@comcast.net (a zero replacing an o; it's available), and have email from the bad sender forwarded there; use ME0SSUITE@COMCAST.NET; case doesn't matter in an email address. The sender will receive a real bounce basically saying that the address ME0SSUITE@COMCAST.NET isn't valid.

New Visitor
bellofacha

how can I block a e-mail address

New Visitor
bellofacha

can it be done ?

Email Expert
Latoque

bellofacha wrote:

how can I block a e-mail address

Technically you can't block an email address, but you can re-direct it so you never see it.  From either the Preview or Inbox pages, go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>Email Filters.  There you can set a filter to handle an incoming message a lot of different ways.  You can set it to just dump it as soon as it hits your account.  Poke around in there and you will see what I mean.  If you need more instruction post back in here.