New Visitor
wonderchic

IMAP or EAS Server settings

I need the settings so I can connect via IMAP or EAS, NOT POP3.....  Do you have those settings somewhere?  Has anyone found these settings?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: IMAP or EAS Server settings

XfinityConnect only uses POP, not IMAP.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
wonderchic

I have Windows 8 and it doesn't support POP3......

New Visitor

I have Windows 8 and Outlook 2013 Preview and I can't receive or send Comcast emails.  How do I set up the email account in the new Outlook 2013?  Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

From the sounds of it, it does't sound like you do.  Comcast, as with most ISPs,  only offers POP3, not IMAP.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

New Visitor
wonderchic

I have the Surface, so outlook options aren't available.....

New Visitor
ControlsFreak99

I spoke to customer service and they are working on setting up IMAP servers.  It is currently in Beta testing.

New Visitor
Vig625

Does anyone know when Comcast will go live on IMAP?   According to Apple tech support, IMAP is needed to sync Comcast email on both  iPhone and iPad.  The limitation is with POP server. 

Official Employee

If anyone is interested in the Xfinity Connect Beta IMAP access to their comcast.net account.  The URL for the registration site is https://xcbetasignup.comcast.net. 

Once registered your account will be moved to our Beta platform and will be accessible via IMAP within 72 hours. :smileygrin:

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
New Visitor
suebourdeau

What are the imap server settings when my account has been migrated to the beta system?  I would assume the "default" name?  Something like imap.comcast.net I would guess can anyone confirm this?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Once migrated you should have received an email telling you how to set up IMAP.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

There are directions here. But you need to have asked to be placed in the IMAP beta.

New Visitor
rbimapbeta

Hi Sharath,

I just signed up less than 24 hours ago for the imap beta. I know it says it will take up to 72 hours. Any idea about the soonest that my account will be switched over? How will I know when it has been switched over, do I get notified somehow? Or do I just have to keep trying to connect with my IMAP configured mail client?

Thanks for your help.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You will receive an email when you are switched to IMAP.  It usually takes a couple of days.  Shareth does not monitor these Forum on a daily basis.

CC

New Visitor
CoffeyC

The Beta server is only good for Windows 8.  I signed up to move my new Comcast e-mail acct to the beta server and still can not use imap for Outlook 2010.  I clearly understand the issue here.  Comcast built its infastructure on POP3 servers and do not want to incur the cost of migrating to IMAP servers although it is the preferred choice of the majority of its clients.  tisk tisk........  So please refrain from asking anyone else are they interested in migrating to the beta server unless its going to work with the majority of desktop email clients. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

The Beta server is only good for Windows 8. I signed up to move my new Comcast e-mail acct to the beta server and still can not use imap for Outlook 2010. I clearly understand the issue here. Comcast built its infastructure on POP3 servers and do not want to incur the cost of migrating to IMAP servers although it is the preferred choice of the majority of its clients. tisk tisk........ So please refrain from asking anyone else are they interested in migrating to the beta server unless its going to work with the majority of desktop email clients.
____________________________________________________________________________________

I AM using IMap Beta with Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 since it was first made available. I have never had a problem. I think you need to check all your settings in Outlook to find what was not set correctly.

Your other statement about Comcast and Pop is also incorrect. Comcast IS moving to using IMAP, that is the purpose of the beta testing. I also participate in the beta testing as well.

Please post back with all the settings you set up for Outlook using IMap.

Incoming mail server should be:  imap.comcast.net

Outgoing server (smtp) should be:smtp.comcast.net

Under the Outgoing server tab:Make sure that this is checked- This server requires Authentication  AND

Use same settings as my incoming server

Incoming Port should be IMAP Port should be 993 with SSL ON

Outgoing Port (SMTP) Should be 465 with SSL On

Note:  You must be registered for the beta IMAP to be able to use IMAP.
CC

New Visitor
CoffeyC

These settings did WORK!!!! Thanks...  I was using the settings from the Windows 8 link whereas incoming server 993, SSL = None.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Great!  now you wanna take back your previous statements??? :smileylaugh:

CC

New Visitor
mdllew

I am using IMAP Beta with Windows 7 and Outlook 2013. I have setup Outlook exactly as specified in the post above from CCCarole. I am able to send mail, and even sync existing mail between two computers, however I am unable to receive any new mail. If I create a separate POP3 account in Outlook all new mail is received to the inbox of that account, not the IMAP account. Any ideas?

New Visitor

if I sign up for the beta imap,does that mean that my pop3 will no longer work???

I don't want to lose every thing if it didn't work out.

New Visitor
kathpny

I have the same question - I just bought a new computer and need IMAP, but I don't want to request it and then lose access to my email on my other computer that uses POP3.  Can someone please let me know if I can have both IMAP and POP3 capability.

Thanks!

Visitor

I have the same question and I"m disappointed that this hasn't been answered.  So I will make the assumption that Comcast email account can be either POP3 or IMAP, but not both.  Great customer support; Comcast is monopoly ISP in my area so I have no other choice unless I want modem or slow DSL.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

tsjustme wrote: ... I will make the assumption that Comcast email account can be either POP3 or IMAP, but not both. ...

POP access should continue to work after you have set up IMAP. See http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/IMAP-Beta/m-p/1816715#M242940

New Visitor
TDSaturday

On my home sesktop, I use Windows 7 (64b), MS-Outlook 2010. I have signed up for IMAP and I have got my work IT to set up my MacPro and IPhone to use ne IMAP. But... I am unble to get my IMAP with 993 port incoming/465 Sending. Tried a dummy name@comcsat.net email when it tests to get around POP3 fedault setting but it jusdt fails. What are the steps I need to follow? Do I modify my current settigns or setup a new. I tried setting up new but did not disable old. Thanks,

Email Expert
CCCarole

Use the old one, that is the one you registered, right?

In addition to using Port 993...With SSL ON

Incoming server should be imap.comcast.net

Outgoing server is still smtp.comcast.net

Port is still 465 With SSL ON

Under the server tab:  This server requires Authentication must be checked.

CC