New Visitor
jashove

IMAP settings, please help!

Hi there! I was wondering what the IMAP settings for comcast.net email settings would be, because I don't want to have to see the messages on my PC after I delete them on my phone.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: IMAP settings, please help!

As of now Comcast does not have IMAP. Hopefully in the future they will have it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

Does Comcast now have IMAP? I have tried with Comcast on phones for hours and just got a run around. Do you know, kindly advise. Thanks

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

No, Comcast does not have IMAP.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Comcast does not offer IMAP email for residential customers at this time. They are testing it out with some people, but they have not given an estimate for when it will be available.

Official Employee
jlivingood

[ Edited ]

BethKatz wrote:

Comcast does not offer IMAP email for residential customers at this time. They are testing it out with some people, but they have not given an estimate for when it will be available.

We're now making IMAP available via our Xfinity Connect Beta program. The URL for the registration site is https://xcbetasignup.comcast.net/ Once registered your account will be moved to our Beta platform and will be accessible via IMAP within 72 hours.

JL
National Engineering & Technical Operations
New Visitor
pattyfrost

My account has been moved over.  What are the IMAP incoming and outgoing server settings for the new IMAP service?

Thanks

Contributor

If I sign up for the IMAP Beta program, does it apply to all e mail addresses on the account, or just the one that is the user name?

New Visitor

New Visitor
rteggleston

IF you use Microsoft Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 to access your Comcast email POP3 account, this Microsoft article is crucial to make your mailto links work:

http://community.adxstudio.com/blogs/shan/2012-12-17-win8-tip-setting-outlook-default-mail-client/

Official Employee
ComcastKen

pattyfrost wrote:

My account has been moved over.  What are the IMAP incoming and outgoing server settings for the new IMAP service?

Thanks

hello PattyFrost,

You can find the settings page here: https://xcbetasignup.comcast.net/win8/win8.html

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
New Visitor
hpeterson79

I am not understanding why my outlook 2003 :-/ is suddenly not allowing me to send emails? I just tried changing to "Imap.comcast.net" and that didnt work. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]
Have you changed your SMTP port?

Please read this clickable link, then click on the settings for Outlook 2003.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Port-Change-Notification/m-p/1470331#U1...

Did you register to IMap beta? If you haven't you cannot use IMAP with XfinityConnect.

The URL for the registration site is https://xcbetasignup.comcast.net/
Once registered your account will be moved to our Beta platform and will
be accessible via IMAP within 72 hours.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.