06-19-2012 09:08 PM
About 40% of my email don't get to my iphone. I receive them in webmail but don't get them on the iphone.
I don't have this problem w gmail or yahoo mail.
Tried to get help from support but thy were very UN-helpful.
06-20-2012 10:59 AM
Are you also reading the emails with a desktop email client? Is it removing the messages when it downloads them? That is, are the messages still on the Comcast server and not being downloaded to the iPhone or are they gone from the server?
06-20-2012 03:19 PM
My email stopped working on my iPhone on Friday, June 14th...and has been spotty as well. In the middle of the day, I'll get a bunch of emails that come through, and then that's it for the day. Sometimes the phone will even beep with my email alert tone, but there's nothing in my inbox! I only have 1 email address/account and it is through Comcast...so there's no chance that it's conflicting with another email account.
I downloaded the xfinity app so I could at least have access to my emails...I think it's a conspiracy on Comcast's part forcing everyone to download their app!
Anybody have anything on this yet?
06-24-2012 09:51 AM
06-24-2012 08:06 PM
Things to check (you may have already done all of this)
- make sure your settings are correct and that you set the password in two places - incoming and outgoing (pictures of my settings are here)
- the messages are still in your inbox on the server
- your desktop/laptop email client is leaving the messages on the server when it downloads them
- you have a "stuck" message (move all messages that are on the server about the time the trouble started into a temporary folder; sened yourself an email; when that works, move the messages back into inbox until you find the one that is a problem)
- change your password to a strong one and update it in all the various places
- don't keep too many messages on the server
- empty the trash in the individual accounts on your phone (go to bottom of main page; enter each account; go to Trash > Edit > Delete All and confirm)
- force quit mail (go to main page of phone; double-press physical button to see line at bottom of running apps; press and hold on mail icon until icons jiggle; press minus sign (-); double press button again). Restart mail.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map