Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

If I leave Comcast can I keep my email address

If I leave Comcast for a competitor (starts with "V"), will I be able to retain my comcast email address? Kind of like AOL, where you left the service but got to keep your address and check your email on the AOL web site.

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

Email Expert
JR071702

Re: If I leave Comcast can I keep my email address

sunny330 wrote:

If I leave Comcast for a competitor (starts with "V"), will I be able to retain my comcast email address? Kind of like AOL, where you left the service but got to keep your address and check your email on the AOL web site.

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

No, you cannot keep your Comcast e-mail address once you cancel your High-Speed Internet service.

JR

Visitor

JR071702 wrote:

sunny330 wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

No, you cannot keep your Comcast e-mail address once you cancel your High-Speed Internet service.

JR

Has this changed recently?  I had an AT&T U-verse "manager" (salesperson) come to my home swearing up and down that the law was changed and I could keep my Comcast.net email if I went to AT&T.  He said it was like porting a phone number over.  I don't believe him but I thought I'd check just in case.

Thanks in advance,

Utahtea

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The salesman was lying, hoping to say the "right" things to get you to switch.

I haven't done any research, but as far as I know there is no law which dictates how an  ISP handles email addresses of customers who switch ISP's.

No it has not changed recently because Comcast has never allowed one to keep an address after an account has been closed.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

Queen-Evie wrote:

The salesman was lying, hoping to say the "right" things to get you to switch.

I haven't done any research, but as far as I know there is no law which dictates how an  ISP handles email addresses of customers who switch ISP's.

No it has not changed recently because Comcast has never allowed one to keep an address after an account has been closed.

We've come to the realization that the saleman was lying about several things, but not to worry.  I called Comcast and told them that AT&T was smoozing us with good deals and they came up with one even better for us!  We're staying put.  :smileyhappy:

Utahtea

Email Expert
CCCarole