Contributor

Incredimail won't open

I've been using Incredimail for a couple years without any problem.  Suddenly, nothing happens when I click the icon on my Desktop.  The program will not open.  I've checked settings and I'm still set to receive mail through Incredimail, but all new mail is appearing on a comcast account.  Incredimail support is virtually non existent.  In researching my problems, I've found all kinds of complaints about the program, but I need to get it back temporarily to retrieve my address book and come important saved messages.  Any suggestions?
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Incredimail won't open

One thing you can try-from your start menu, look for Set Program and Access Defaults-click to open it. Under the Custom setting, choose a default email program, check Incredimail then OK. After the default is set, see if you can open Incredimail from the desktop icon.
Another thing, which may not work since your desktop icon isn't bringing it up, open My Computer from your desktop, drive C, program files. Open the Incredimail folder-try opening it from there.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

On my start menuy, there is nothing listed as "set program".  Opening from the c drive does not wor.  Neither does opening from the program list.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Try a system restore, go back to a time when it was working.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

Thanks.....that was the first thing I tried when it wouldn't open, but that didn't work.   The icon is there, looks as though the program is there, but it won't open.
Most Valued Poster
KittyMom

The Set Program Access & Defaults can also be found by going to your control panel and clicking Add/Remove Programs.  It's on the left hand side; bottom button - at least it is on XP; not sure about other versions of Windows.  Hope this helps.
km2
Contributor

There is no "set program access and defaults" on the add/remove programs menu on windows 98..............still searching for a solution.
Most Valued Poster
KittyMom

leiane - sorry but I'm totally unfamiliar with Windows 98.  You may want to edit the Message Subject in your original post to say something to the effect that Incredimail will not work / Windows 98.  That may attract the attention of a Windows 98 user who can better direct you.

Also, just a shot in the dark here - have you re-checked your settings just to make sure nothing has changed.  Click here for a link to the FAQ on Email.  Scroll down and there is a section for Incredimail.

I'm sure this is frustrating - good luck.
km2