Visitor

Links in email not opening correctly

This morning I noticed my email looks a little different, and ever since this started, whenever I click on a link in an email (such as the unsubscribe link, or the link to go to the website) it jumps up to the top of the message and does not open the link. I have to scroll back down to the link, and usually it works the 2nd time, but never the first time. Very annoying!

Contributor
jojogogo

Re: Links in email not opening correctly

I hear ya ceeceeramone

Today october 1st 2013 i also went into my email and noticed some things now shaded in blue like your most current email so i knew comcast must have made some changes as just the day before all was the same as any other day. I figured okay no big deal until i tried clicking on any hyperlink within the email and it would jump to the top of the email.Than i tried clicking in an open area of any email and it also shot me up to the top. As ceeceeramone said it is very annoying. If your at the tail end of your email and click a link you jump to the top and need to scroll down to the bottom again.The only work around i found is to scroll the email with my mouse wheel than click on the link i want and it works but who wants to always remember that. Any fixes!! Please post people or maybe comcast will solve it soon??

Regular Contributor

Links in emails not clickable

My latest problem is when I open up email, and I click on a link, it doesn't do anything.  As soon as I click, it goes immediately to the top of the page.  This also happens if I am on a site and I want to click on a link, same thing, it goes right up to the top of the page, and I have to scroll down again.  Sometimes I can click on a picture next to the link, and I'll be taken to the page, other times, goes right back up to the top and I can't click and open up new page.

I'm using Dell laptop, running Win 7

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Contributor

Same for me.  Why did they have to change something that worked?  I don't like the new look, the script is little and shaky looking.  Comcast please go back or give us the choice of having our previous email settings.

Regular Contributor

Oh, thank GOD it's not just me!!!!  I too noticed all the listed emails are now DARK blue, just changed mysteriously overnight.  My links are unclickable too.  It shoots up to the top of the email.  I scroll down, click, shoots back up.  Can't unsubsricbe from ANYTHING.  Why can't Comcast just leave things alone???  Hope somebody has a solution soon.  I don't even bother calling Comcast. It's a waste of time, patience.  HELP SOMEBODY

Contributor

Re: Links in emails not clickable

I'm having the exact same issue, in addition to many more with Comcast email!  So very frustrating and time-consuming.

New Visitor
bobwmiller

I also am having this problem along with my cursor jumping to random places in the text I am typing. Has anyone found the solution?

Contributor
myhp

Same problem!!  Everytime they try to "improve" the e-mail system it becomes more difficult to use.  Do they read these messages? 

Contributor
Pass1112

Am having same problem, along with not being able to search past e mails for a specific one.  Will scroll through and the minute I stop, goes to top of list again. Also cannot click into any links.

Contributor

Terrible issues - same as you're having.  I just did the Live Chat with Comcast, took a long time, and TO NO AVAIL!  So very frustrating and time consuming.

New Visitor
bobwmiller

Tried Comcast on-line chat, but they were of no help. Grr!

Regular Contributor

Using the "support" of calling Comcast is a waste of time.  IF you get through, it's usually to someone you can't understand (I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just a fact).  Going through the "chat" is a bigger waste of time!  I actually timed my wait time, after 73 MINUTES of waiting and waiting and waiting, I finally surrendered and logged off.  I wish Verizon was in my area, I'd sign up in a heart beat!:smileyangry:

Contributor
mjh19313

I'm having the same problem with the links. Thought it was something wrong with my computer at first.

New Visitor
dogmandean

i got the same problem. if  it ain't broke don't fix it comcast. i wonder when they'll respond  and correct the situation. glad i read all the posts so i know not to waste my time with the help desk.

Regular Contributor

Welcome to the club!!!!!  No it's NOT your computer it's THEIR fault---AS USUAL!!!  I decided at 8:30 tonight I had nothing better to do with my life other than spend 75 freaking minutes "talking" to the chat guy.  WHY WHY WHY??  And after all that time what was Roswill's determination????? Ready for this?  I should call Microsoft!!!  Uh huh, and that will cost me HOW MUCH????  Tried numerous times to tell this  tha "person who has not one iota of sense, there were others experiencing the same problem.  All I got in response?  "Yes, thank you"!  Counting to ten isn't working, 20, 30, 40, 100, IT'S NOT WORKING. 

Contributor

Thank you Lynnt for taking the time to try and get the problem fixed.  I have several emails from them that say they are aware of the problem, I hope so.  The amount I pay Comcast is a car payment and I would like to get something for it.

Contributor

I was twice on the phone today with a Comcast Live Chat rep to no avail.  Received a call from their Executive Customer Relations and I told him it is a problem not personal to me but is a systemwide Comcast issue.  He knew nothing of this and said he would delegate to their National Bureau and I should expect a call tomorrow.  Very very frustrating and time consuming.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Comcast, the Help Administrator and the Xfinity Teams ARE aware of all these issues with email, including what is posted here.  They are already working on fixes.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Did they give you any idea WHEN it will be fixed?  I am missing out on so many things that have expired!  Who did you talk to? Do you have a number for them?  I called Comcast and they had no clue what  I was talking about.  Really doesn't surprise me.  The last time there was a computer glitch back in August, there was supposed to be a country wide problem with not being able to access email, I waited and waited and still nothing was fixed in our state.  Then I got fed up and called and was PROMISED I would get a phone call the next day with answers/update/resolution.  Well, that was August 21st!  It's a good thing I didn't hold my breath!!!!!  This needs to be fixed NOW 

Do you think they would have offered a discount on not being able to access my email??? Of course not!!!! 

But we better not be a day late sending them money for a service that doesn't work!!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Posted by ComcastAnthony (Comcast official employee) a little while ago in another Thread regarding links.

‎10-04-2013 01:12 PM   - edited ‎10-04-2013 01:12 PM

We are aware of this is issue with IE and are working on a fix.  Thank you for letting us know.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
mjh19313

Using Xfinity Connect, full. Comcast email. IE8. Windows7. I have cleared browser cache also cleaned out cookies. Can't open links in emails. Also have had a problem for a long time with cursor jumping all over.

Visitor
rwjohnson75

Can't see all my address book when I want to forward

This new email graphic started and I can't see all my contacts when I want to forward an email.  If I open the address book there is an arrow in the bottom right corner to turn to the next page with no problem. But when I click to forward an email and hit To, I only see half my contacts and there is no arrow to turn to the next page. I spent an hour on the phone talking to two different people at Comcast and when the second guy tried to pass me on to the third I was DISSCONNECTED!

New Visitor
bobwmiller

Since Comcast is not addressing the issue, I found a workaround. Forward the email with the links to yourself at another email service such as gmail and the links will work fine. You may have to set  up an account on the other service, but if Comcast doesn't get better, you'll want to switch to something else anyway.

Contributor
Pass1112

Thanks for the work around with forwarding e mails.  Still need to fix the system as we are not getting the service that we pay for.! 

Contributor
mjh19313

It's Monday morning, Oct.7th and the link problem is still not fixed. I did try forwarding the emails to my gmail account (which works) but it's very time consuming and I shouldn't have to be doing that. My suggestion is for everyone to keep these messages going on this forum. Eventually someone at Comcast my decide to get on the forum and read the message and realize that there are alot of very unhappy Comcast customers. I know from experience calling them with any internet problem gets you nowhere.

Contributor
Pass1112

links in email still not working

Monday morning--Still no solution from Comcast.  Spent a part of Sunday on an on line chat with someone who would not acknowledge that this was a system problem.  Took me down the path that others have tried and did not work even though I told her that others had tried unsuccessfully. Tried what she said with out success anyway and then just gave up.  Is there anyone there who will respond with other than we know there is a problem and we are working on a fix.  Perhaps a post to email subscribers in general with a time frame to expect a potential soloution. 

Contributor

Still having exact same problem, multiple issues with email.  No one from Comcast has called me.  Aggravating, time-consuming. 

Visitor
flyaway3

I can't get an email to open up to read it!!  All I get is the address when I click on my mail.

I have to forward it to read text......I'M SICK of it.We pay for a good internet and  they're always messing

it up>>>>leave a good thing alone<<<<<<< and I HATE THE START page!  Do they really read these

messages on the forum or is this just a venting place?? :}

Contributor

Re: links in email still not working

This goes beyond links in the emails.

Clicking anywhere in the email causes the email to jump to the top

This also happens with the scroll bar.  Click on it and it will only go so far before jumpting back to the top.

Clicking on an email further down the page also causes the page to jump to the top.

This seems to be anything click, which sounds like an html "on click event" that is coded wrong.

In any event, this is absurd for a company like Comcast to not have the capability to fix this by now.

Visitor

Yes, exactly. The same thing is happening to me. It's more than annoying. Many times I simply cannot get into the email. Must log out and log in again. Sometimes this works.

Also more than two weeks ago I stopped receiving me Comcast email on my Samsumg Android. 

New Visitor
bobwmiller

I also stopped getting email updates on my Samsung Android after September 25th with no notice. I downloaded Xfinity Connect, so I can at least get into my inbox from my phone with the added plus that my full email folders and contacts are now available on my phone. Comcast having stopped updating email without notice is unconscionable, however.

Contributor

Monday October 7  Still having the same problems with Comcast email as last week.  I keep getting emails from Comcast, but no solutions.  Please read these messages Comcast!  Please fix the problems!  I bundle everything with Comcast and pay a lot of money to do so, please listen to your customers.

Contributor

Re: links in email still not working

This is new

My main email account has been updated and has all of the link and jumping problems

HOWEVER,

My secondary email account for some reason was not updated and DOES NOT have any of these problems.

Soooo

It is definetly a Comcast issue

Running Windows 7; IE 10

Contributor
mjh19313

Wed. AM, Oct. 9, still no fix from Comcast. Regarding a post from bulee, I have 3 secondary emails accounts and have also found that the links open in the emails in these accounts. Comcast,what the heck is going on. Many of us have important emails from our doctors, health insurance, etc. coming in with links which cannot be opened. It's not just missing out on coupons from favorite stores, which is aggravating enough. You broke it, fix it!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

New Visitor

cannot open links within an email

I cannot open links within an emailI have refreshed my compatability viewWhat is going on here, this just started happeningI use IE10

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: cannot open links within an email

Comcast is making some changes to the email, and it's having some unwanted side affects for some people.  The links issue is one of them.  Nothing you can do about it until they get it all sorted out.  They are aware of the problems and they are working on a fix.  Using an email client program would side-step all of the current problems.  Something like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird or Mac Mail etc.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
mjh19313

Thursday am, 10/10. Not only are the links in my emails not opening yet but now here's a new one for you. I forwarded a bunch of emails to one of my secondary accounts since that way, the other day I was able to open the links.  Guess what! The emails never arrived! Now I've lost everything I forwarded because I deleted them after they were forwarded.

New Visitor

Re: cannot open links within an email

Thank you very much.  I did speak to a Tech, asking about this issue, and he replied this was the first he heard of this issue.  I just about gave up. That was the only solutioln he offered. I tried the fix he suggested (compatibility view), and it did not work. 

Unfortunately, I use the comcast email address for business purposes, I use another web based and Outlook also for other purposes.  Thanks for your help, I will just have to deal with it until the problems are fixed.

Contributor
mjh19313

CCCarole, email expert:

In your post of 10/4 you stated Comcast was aware of  this issue and a fix was being worked on. Can we please have an update on this. Is anyone reading all the posts from your very unhappy customers?

Email Expert
CCCarole

mjh19313 wrote:

CCCarole, email expert:

In your post of 10/4 you stated Comcast was aware of  this issue and a fix was being worked on. Can we please have an update on this. Is anyone reading all the posts from your very unhappy customers?

As fixes are made, I would hope the Xfinity Team will post.  Yes, some Threads are being read, why is also the reason why the Administrator posted this 'sticky' thread at the top of the Email Forum:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/HOW-TO-POST-A-NEW-OR-RELATED-ISSUE/m-p/...

It is extremely difficult for us ( the Volunteers) to keep track or help, when customers are starting new Threads, and when the Subject is too vague.  By posting in an exisiting thread of the same issue, it is easier to follow.

Thanks,

Carole

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

mjh19313 wrote:

Thursday am, 10/10. Not only are the links in my emails not opening yet but now here's a new one for you. I forwarded a bunch of emails to one of my secondary accounts since that way, the other day I was able to open the links.  Guess what! The emails never arrived! Now I've lost everything I forwarded because I deleted them after they were forwarded.

You may be able to recover them if you have the new "Recover Deleted Items" feature on your account as part of the recent changes.  Look at this post of mine from another thread-----------

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Can-t-d-l-emails-from-a-block-of-time-p...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
33312FLL

Same as for me.. my cursor jumps everywhere ... cannot scroll without jumping to the top... cannot open a link .. tried the new open in separate window... why do i have to do that to read the email and why does the cursor jump..  cannot go to old emails .. cannot scroll down that far without cursor jumping back to top when i try to open a message ... what did comcast change .. and why .. 

Contributor
9wks

Comcast is the worst e-mail .... when I first installed Comcast back in 2007, it was a great e-mail system et al ... but they keep changing things so nothing really works correctly .. myself, too, I cannot open any links in anything that someone will send me .. I have to forward over to Yahoo or Gmail where I can open these links .. Shame on Comcast for their terrible work ... I don't know why they can't leave things alone ... I am on a job search ... and whenever I send a response e-mail ... the paragraphs will not double space ...

Listen up Comcast ... shortly, I am getting rid of Comcast and going with another e-mail that I can count on ...  even here .. everything is starting to jump around .. the scroll bar doesn't even work with my mouse ... Shame on YOU!! 

Hang in there everyone ...

Best !!

Contributor
33312FLL

In order to open your response .. i had to choose the new actions category on top right.... open new window ... only then could i see your reply ....this is really worthless.... and this is our only option .. to complain to each other .. comcast sends you to the forum for assistance.....

Contributor
myhp

E-mail links are still not opening.  What is Comcast doing to resolve this problem?

Visitor

I have not been able to even open my email account since Tuesday. I use a MAC and Safari for a browser.  I call Comcast, talked with someone who put me on hold and never came back.  I then could not get trough on 5 tries.  Finally got through and talked with someone.  Did what they suggested and then he was going to transfer me to the next level up in the help department.  After 30 mins I hung up.  I was able to open an Outlook email and tranfers the Comcast emails.  I at least can now read them but I have some really important saved emails.

Email Expert
Latoque

I just checked my iMac using Safari and my Comcast email opened just fine.  Not a hitch.

:smt102

Contributor
9wks

You are very lucky then ....

I am getting rid of this terrible e-mail shortly ... if I have to transfer all my e-mails to gmail or yahoo to open them up and send a reply ..... while the scroll bars don't even work ..  everything is jumping all over the place .. it takes two + tries to open an e-mail just to read it ... all the ads everywhere ... what is this??  Never did we and others ever sign up for this kind of an e-mail ... Certainly from time to time there are issues with all the e-mail systems  .. but Comcast is now "being known" for it's terrible service all the way around ..

Shame on Comcast ... for not doing what they promised to deliver ...

Email Expert
Latoque

If you are going to keep using the Xfinity/Comcast email, you can save yourself a truckload of aggravation by just using a real email client like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird etc.  That way you don't even have to look at the webmail if you don't want to, and it solves all of the most recent rash of stuff going on right now.

Just sayin.