Contributor
9wks

Re: Links in email not opening correctly

It's now 11/6 .. the rollout??  what rollout??

Comcast advertisements appear to be working wondefully .. other than that ... I still cannot open my e-mail ... I have to click several times .. it changes to dark blue ... when I want to compose or respond ... I have to wait for the email to catch up with my typing .. I am on a job search .. I am ashamed of Comcast .. I had them for years and years when they showed up and purchased Time Warner in NH ... I can't remember having these kinds of serious issues until recently .. and it has been a very long time with these issues .. I don't see that my bill is any cheaper either .. I mean they can't be that "dumb" as to not know that their customers are not happy with their service ...

Shame on you Comcast ... it will never EVER be the same ... as I remember Cable TV and all the rest ... YOU HAVE FAILED!!!!!

Why can't you fix these issues?? ... sounds like so many people have these issues and they don't even realize it that it is a Comcast issue ... and have techs and others come in to their home and try and fix and pay a charge ..

Why not send out a mailing or something across our computers that you are fixing the issues rather than having long standing wonderful customers like the ones on this site .. wondering, hoping and even praying that this will be fixed ..

Shame on you again .. just terrible e-mail ... jumping up and down .. scross bars, mouse issues ..  

Contributor

Not only am I now still experiencing the same issues as I have for the past month or so, it's absolutely worse today!  So frustrating, so time-consuming.  I won't bother to contact Comcast as they don't care, only want to sell more services.  What to do???

Contributor
33312FLL

Now what?  Just a waste of time.. What fix???   Not from Comcast.. I can't open my emails without callling on the patience of a Saint... When I choose an email to open and click on it ... the cursor jumps to the top and opens another .... There has been no fix .. no rollout of a fix .....  just the same troubling issues when i open my emails ... cannot respond to sender....no option to reply when i open in separate window..... What an embarrassment Comcast is going through and do they even acknoledge the fact that this is going on ... it is a major service failure....... when i scroll through my emails and the cursor reached the bottom of the current page i am on ... the cursor jumps back to the top and repeats the same list ........this has been going on for over a month now .....And they can't repair their own problems??????? .. This is not a dependable product anymore.....Waste of time and money ... we keep saying the same thing .. over and over to each other ... Where are they??????  

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

I don't know why the latest fixes haven't worked for everyone, but I'm going to make a couple of suggestions if you want to keep using your Comcast email address, even if only as a temporary solution.

1)  Set up the Comcast account to forward to another non-Comcast email account like Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook.com,---whatever.  That way you can at least send and recieve emails  Some, like Gmail, even let you send using the Comcast email address.

2)  But the best suggestion, is to use a real email client like Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Mac Mail etc.  That way, you completely avoid all of the current rash of problems with the Comcast email UI, but still use the Comcast account.  There are a lot of other advantages to using a client too.

As an afterthought-----try using the very basic   m.comcast.net/m  That is the mobile version.  Just type or paste that into your address bar while signed into your account.

Just sayin------------

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
katiecat1

I have had it with this issue. I am going to find the email adress of the president of the company and write them.  They cannot possibly know of the problem or the extent of the people affected by the problem. Dont get what I need there, I am switching to AT&T.

Contributor
9wks

I believe that Xfinity just got too too big .. in too many directions .. see the Advertisements on TV ... competing with  ADT (Home Security)... this is their planned future (Security systems) .. where the e-mail just fell to the ground .. it's obvious no one cares ...  ... This email doesn't even filter out your SPAM ... I am loaded with Spam ... and with my other e-mail systems like Yahoo, Gmail and others .. they filter the spam for you ...

The President is a very good idea ... I wonder if he is having problems with his e-mail system?

Shame on you Comcast ... you were once so respected ..... WHAT HAPENED??

New Visitor
afriedm

Having the same trouble about e-mail skipping when try to open one. Also having the same

problem when forwarding e-mails from contact list.

Checked it out with "THE GEEKS" and they agree it's Comcast's fault.

After talking to 4 (FOUR) different levels of support, they wanted to charge me $49.95 to solve

the problem.

The only solution is to find another e-mail server or get rid of Comcast.

Contributor

Message list scrolling and focus shifting to top is better but not consistent.  There is now a lot of pausing and the process is slow.

A new problem has cropped up.  Now all emails do not open on the first try.  It takes at least three times before it opens.

Also every time you click on an email the items on the command bar from reply to actions jumps and a new advertisement pops in.

Comcast – You are not getting it done.  Your code has serious issues and you obviously do not have the right people working on it.

Normally, IT types take pride in their work.  There is nothing here to be proud of.

Regular Contributor

Okay people, I went to tthe Better Business Bureau a!nd filed a complaint against Comcast.  I got response from them within days!  And, they have NO IDEA of any problems that are occuring!  If you want results, file a complaint!!!!!  Anyway, the number I got on my called id is:  267-966-9188, I believe her name is a Ms. Briton (just don't say how you got her number!!)

Contributor

Comcast

How about an update to your 10/17 from Comcast Jordan wherein Xfinity Connect 3.1.2 was to be released on 11/5 and fix all of the problems.

11/5 plus 2 weeks was yesterday.

Problems still exist

Regular Contributor

Okay, I came across the following while browsing Twitter

On today's @MarketPlacetoday: Brian Roberts, @ComcastCEO: "We reinvent ourselves every couple years" http://www.marketplace.org/topics/business/corner-office/comcast-ceo-we-reinvent-ourselves-every-cou...

Contributor

Comcast

My secondary account has now been revised to your 3.1.2

I sincerely hope that you do not think that all is well with this version

The latest issues include the following which occur intermittently and at will 

No scrolling

The bottom arrow of the scroll bar is gone.  Not There.  Trying to grab the middle of the scroll bar to scroll down does nothing.  Attempting to scroll down with the arrow keys - still nothing

Trash

Somtimes the Trash emails also show emails that are still in the inbox and labeled as such

REAL NICE JOB TEAM

New Visitor
hjmoore4

Same problems here...wonder when this mess will get corrected???  Seems new problems crop up daily!!

New Visitor
afriedm

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Finally fixed the skipping in e-mail and address book.

Now the only problem is the scroll bar on the right of e-mails etc. doesn't always work.

Have to use the UP & DOWN arrows and click each time for each move up or down.

Regular Contributor

Email images STILL not showing up!  Don't like to be greedy, at least I can GET them, right?  Still, if Ihave to pay for this service, then darn it (not the word I wanted) I EXPECT TO GET WHAT I PAY FOR!!!!!

Contributor

GUESS WHAT I FOUND

When you open your email, and before you click on anything, find the right arrow just to the right of your email scroll bar and to the left of the area of the ads; and click it.

This opens up your email screen to the right and the ads disappear.  AND check it out.

Everything works!  No jumping, scroll works OK, emails open first shot etc.

If the arrow is not there refresh your email page and it will show.

COMCAST - Pay Attention - It seems that your ads are not playing nice with your email code.

FIX IT

New Visitor
hjmoore4

In order to open a link within a mail message, I have to launch the message in a separate window (under ACTION on your toolbar).  Only then will the link open.  Also, unable to delete all trashed messages.  I am able to select them all at once by checking the "sort by date" function, but when I attempt to delete them I get a no entry symbol (circle with slash).  And everything is so

SLOW... very frustrating!

Regular Contributor

Here is the guy you can contact through Twitter. Supposedly he is THE GO TO GUY for customer service.  How abou we inundate his twitter account with questions, complaints,etc.?  I've just left 3 twitter messages for him.  Let's see how much he "cares"?
  Bill Gerth Verified account

@comcastcares

New Visitor

I was able to solve this problem by actually opening the email itself.  If you are in the preview screen that just lists what's in your inbox then some links won't work.  Once you completely open the email message though, the links will work as they should.

Try that!!

Regular Contributor

after clicking on the email message, the page will open, but no images.  Have to look for the link that says "if having trouble seeing message, click here (or whatever it says).  It is such a pain having to go to to 2-4 extra steps, just to see the email.  thanks for the suggestion

Contributor
9wks

We are now in the month of March and a brand new year 2014... and still the Comcast e-mail is a disaster ... I can hardly see my Scroll Bar this morning ... to find my folders..... Shame on you for not straightening out this e-mail system back in 2013 when we first started reporting the issues... I have to wait for advertisements to take their place before I can begin typing anything .. these ads do not play nice with your e-mail system .. I have to pay for this e-mail system. We used to have the Smartzone e-mail time ago which was very wonderful ... I am on a job search .. and when I put my return e-mails to prospective employers .. I can't even get the e-mail paragraphs to work appropriately .. I mean this is not FREE .. I am paying for this e-mail system .. just terrible service.

Contributor

I found that out a few hours ago. Glad you posted it for all the others until comcass fixes.

Contributor

Found the same solution. Click on the arrow to get rid of the ads and the email will open correctly. Also, the links will work if you are able to view the email as a web page if it is offered in the email. But, we shouldn't have to be doing these things. Comcast should have the emails working properly.

Contributor
9wks

I appreciate your responses.  I am disgusted with Comcast e-mail.  I paid for the triple bundle because the internet was to be so fast et al... Never .. I should have stayed with them with what I had at a lower rate.  I am on a job search .. and it takes my patience to get my responses out ... I can't even do up a nice paragraph to send out to prospective employers ... everything is all over the place.  The real problem is the time it takes to wait for the screens to change ... advertisement is first for Comcast ..  even if you hit the arrow .. to shut them down .. they will be back .. on and on it goes .. as soon as I am in a new employment position .. I am getting rid of Comcast once and for all ... will try something new .. they say that Verizon is excellent.  we'll see .. again, I appreciate everyone's comments ... just terrible service .. shame on them . .they used to be Number 1 .. they dropped - not because of other suppliers .. but because of their poor internet service.

Wish everyone a great day - again, thank you for your comments ... I appreciate you.

Contributor
9wks

I just had to make note .. I turn on my comcast e-mail ... and of course, all the advertisements start popping in my face .. it takes forever .. to get my e-mail started .. and there is this one advertisement that they somehow keep online for us .. for whatever reason .. the lady with the fat rump .. bouncing all over the place .. around and around she goes ... it is really a terrible ad to look at ... she has a fat rump... and bulges all over ... they want us to stop our Job Search on-line and look at this advertisement of theirs .. "you won't believe her transformation" .. who cares??  I mean ... take that advertisement off .. we don't need to see that each time we log on .... it's all about the money that they rake in ... they could care less .. their terrible service to it's customer and the below average advetisements we are forced to look at ... shame on You ... please take that fat rump lady off your advertisements.... and concentrate on better service to customers ...