Contributor

Mail Preview Pane

Hiya,
Been with comcast for just a few days.  My mail preview pane is telling me I have new mail (2) but it is not giving me a preview of this mail.  This worked correctly the first night.  Anyone have any idea. Ty
Recognized Contributor
Chief-Mac

Re: Mail Preview Pane

NancyMary,

What you are calling a "mail preview pane" and my definition of a preview pane are apparently two different things.  Could you please be a little more explicit about what exactly is happening.  Comcast webmail does not have a preview pane. Other clients like Outlook and Outlook Express do, but I don't think that is what you're referring to.

I believe she's referring to the Comcast portal page where, on the right, there's an email preview pane.

NancyMary, most of the regulars here don't use the Comcast portal page at all, so many of us aren't familiar with its quirks.  Someone else may drop in with some ideas.....
Contributor

Earlyout, that is exactly what I am talking about.  The mail preview pane to the right on my comcast.net page.  Is there a particular reason it isn't used?  Just preference? Maybe someone will drop in and have a suggestion.
Recognized Contributor

Most of us find the Comcast portal page bloated (all that Flash nonsense), flaky (things often don't work), and trivial (the choices of "top news items" are often baffling, and seem to be directed at the grocery store checkout newsstand contingent).  Added to that, most of us don't use webmail at all, preferring email client programs like Outlook Express.  So, there's just no reason for us to come in through that front door.  We've got icons or Favorites set up that take us directly into the forums.

But yes, the preview pane should work, and I'm hoping someone will show up with some theories about why it isn't working for you.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hmmm Maybe I understand why folks who have been around don't awhile use Comcast.net as their homepage.  The mail preview pane has decided to work this am.  *Says to self* Listen to the experts Nancy! LOL

Ty

Message Edited by NancyMary on 07-27-2007 04:44 AM
Email Expert
CCCarole

Nancy Mary I may be misunderstanding too, but if you see a list of items there, such as weather, mail,etc. or nothing is showing at all, you still should see "Modify Assistant".  Click on that, and from there you can add any or all from the drop down list.  Once added (mail) there should be an arrow to the left of the word mail- click on it will open that preview window for you.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Hi CCCarole,
Yes last night I did have that set correctly but it was showing I didn't have mail, but indeed there was mail in my inbox.  This morning it decided to work .. go figure. LOL

Thanks so much for your advise :-)