Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Missing Left Column with List of Folders & Inbox-Sent-Trash etc.

The latest information we have is this:

Send a PM to ComcastLarry with the requested information.

Private Messages (PM’s)      

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’.  A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message.  You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post.  By default, Private Messages are enabled.  You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Quote from the Comcast Team is below:

"Can you get us the user account details with a temporary password and some example folder names, so that we can look into the account?"

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

To:  Comcast Forum Responders and Technical Persons

At the present I have switched to Lite which is not as flexible as the regular Comcast web based email but I am on a project in Saudi Arabia and simply do not have time to experiment with different solutions.

I have switch to another email option.  I'll sort through this when I return home in several weeks.

Thanks,

Tim_in_GoldenCO

Regular Visitor

Hello there, I am having the same problem. I've opened several tickets with Comcast customer service, and

have received the following email in response: 

Comcast has received a report of email missing from your email address.  After further investigation, we have determined that your email has been downloaded to a third party email program and cannot be restored. We apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing from the loss of these messages. The following steps are recommended.

Check all Third Party Email Programs: The email may have been downloaded onto a device on your network without your awareness. Comcast recommends you review all third party email programs (such as Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail or Mac Mail) on all computers, tablets, and smartphones in your home. If you find the program that was used to download your missing messages, Comcast recommends changing the account properties in the mail program to leave a copy of the message on the server.

Change your Comcast Password: If you were unable to locate the missing email, we recommend that you change your password to prevent your current emails from being downloaded by the mail program and removed from our server. You can change your password by going to the Comcast Customer Central website - https://login.comcast.net/account. Please ensure that your new password is strong (containing capital and lowercase letters, numbers, symbols allowed, and between 8 - 16 characters) and unique (Comcast recommends that you do not use this password for any other login website).

Thank you for choosing Comcast!

Sincerely,

Comcast Customer Security Assurance

This is, of course, entirely incorrect. I have never used a third party or mobile solution with my Comcast email account, nor have I been "hacked". The fact is, I had at least 6 personal folders, with many important emails stored in them, and they are missing. I have read this thread and several others, and not only has nothing restored my folders, but it has become clear that Comcast has a problem, is aware of this problem, and has not fixed it. So where are we on a solution?  

Contributor
Rosemary34

Someone posted this awhile ago and it has worked for me with the folders, sign into Comcast by clicking on voice, then sign in, then click on email and your folders will appear..Works for me.

Regular Visitor

Thanks, I've tried all the "tricks" listed, and none have worked. Comcast's techs can't fix the problem, and customer service has simply been unhelpful in fixing their gigantic error. This has gone on for almost a month, and the further we get from the date the folders disappeared, the harder it will be to fix. 

Contributor
CJ64

I originally posted about this problem on February 15th, at which point I had already been dealing with the problem for 3 weeks.  I do NOT understand why Comcast has not fixed this yet.  It's mid-April!  On January 31st a comcast employee posted that this was a priority for Comcast.  I certainly do not feel like a priority when I have been dealing with the same problem for 3 solid months.

I AM able to access the folders when I go through "preferences" first, but I should not have to do this extra step every time I want to access my email.

It is the same problem whether I use Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.

When will this actually become a priority for Comcast?

Email Expert
CCCarole

The Administrator has been notified of your post. CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Regular Visitor

Click on preferences on the email screen

check the lite version

Click save

Click refresh

All folders will be present.  If you return to xfinity connect, the folders will disappear again.

Rebecca S.

Contributor
Rosemary34

This problem has been going on for a long while, when I talked to Comcast 2 months ago I was told the Techs were working on it!!! I think they need to do some house cleaning if the Techs haven't figured out by now.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

I have notified the Administrator who will contact the Xfinity Team.  Have you tried switching to the Lite version yet?  Have you cleared your browser cache?

Contributor
CJ64

In answer to the questions - yes, I have cleared browsing history and cookies AND switched to xfinity lite, and the folders still aren't there.  The only way I can get the folders to appear is to always click on preferences, go to that screen, and then click on email.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrator again. Please watch for his reply here, or by a Private Message sent to you.  He will need you to PM him the Usernames that are having this issue.  Do NOT post this, or any other personal informationj in the public forums tho.  Here is the information about Private Messages (PM's) work:

PM information.JPG

Contributor

In response to CCCarole who posted questions on 04-07-2012 12:05 PM

Currently I am responding from a project site deep in the desert on the Arabian Peninsula.  I use

XfinityConnect. I use a direct web mail connection, no clients. I have an Apple MacBook Air. I have switched

to the Lite version which does show the folders on the left side.  But, the Lite version is clunky and not

the best format in the world.  For example, it shortens the titles of the folders.  Thus, with folders that have

the same first name but a second last name only the first name shows up.  So, you have to figure out which

one is which when moving files for saving.  There are other quirky and unfriendly things about the Lite

version.  This is irritating for someone running a small business.  Unfortunately, after about 12 or 14 years

with Comcast and with AT&T before that, I am beginning to search for other alternative.  Thank you for

your interest. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Tim

After switching to the Lite version, have you cleared your cache and then tried switching back to the Full version to see if it 'takes' and your Folders are there?  Did you try a different browser yet?

I am notifying the Administrator, please watch for a reply or Private Message from him.  He will need to escalate this and will need the Usernames affected which you cannot post in the public forums.  Hang in there, I totally understand your frustration with this issue!

CCCarole

Below is the information on Private messages: 

PM information.JPG

Contributor

CCCarole, thank you again.  Unfortunately, I am on a work project that is consuming 12 to 14 hours a day of my time.  I simply don't have the time or energy to experiment.  Maybe when I get back to the U.S. on my next break in May.

Thank you.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Tim_in_GoldenCO wrote:

CCCarole, thank you again.  Unfortunately, I am on a work project that is consuming 12 to 14 hours a day of my time.  I simply don't have the time or energy to experiment.  Maybe when I get back to the U.S. on my next break in May.

Thank you.

Tim,

I understand, work comes first.  If you could watch for a PM from ComcastLarry, and if you can find the time to just private message him the Usernames you are having trouble with- Maybe, just maybe the Xfinity Engineers can find the problem.  :smileysad:

If I hear of any updates to fixing this issue, I will PM you to let you know too.  Take good care,

CC

Regular Visitor

Hi, just checking in on this issue....I haven't heard from anyone at Comcast. All folders (and emails contained in these folders) are still missing. All "fixes" are still not working. Anything new?

Contributor

Did Comcast actually do something to fix this? It seems to be working fine this morning on my problematic Windows 7 system using Chrome. I didn't have to do the ol' Home --> Voice --> Email dance to get the folder list to show up!

Contributor

Mine now seems to be working properly.  I've not seen any postings from Comcast indicating a change -- but that's not a good measurement.  We'll have to wait and see how long this lasts.

Contributor
CJ64

well, mine is STILL not working and this has been going on since January.  I am really, truly fed up with Comcast.  When I move in another month I will be looking into a different company for my internet and cable services.

Contributor

I did notice one thing: when I'm on the "home" page (http://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net ; the one with the Inbox Preview at the top) I do have to wait until the Calendar and Text Messaging sections fill in before clicking on Email. If I don't wait I'm stuck with the old problem of missing folders. If I wait, the folders appear properly in the Email section.

Visitor

I've experienced this problem sporadically, can't really point to a pattern. But it is significant when it happens. Sometimes you really need to get to what's in those subfolders.

Like a pain, or the weather, or a lot of things with Comcast, you go off and do something else, and it comes back. That's pretty sad.

Going on six months now that they've been told and haven't resolved it. Yay! Is that a record?

New Visitor

Re: Back [Re: Problem Returned.[Re:Missing Left Column with List of Folders & Inb

I am having the same issue, in Firefox.  I dont have the problem in IE  The directions suggested above dont make sense to me, I dont see the the option to edit in

preferences using a left hand column.  Any sugggestions as to how I can find this?  Thanks!

New Visitor

OMG! this worked!  Thank you!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Back [Re: Problem Returned.[Re:Missing Left Column with List of Folders & Inb

Ktd0905:  Try this:  Click on Preferences>General.  Switch from the full version to the Lite version.  Do you see the folders now?  Now go BACK into Preferences>General and switch back to the full version.  Do you see the folders now?

New Visitor
gpk1955

How to get it back?

New Visitor

I'm having the same problem, with no help from comcast.  However I can do a full system

restore to several days ago when it was working and everything is OK.  Unfortunately after

a day or two, the original problem returns.  BTW, the search option which had mail or web options

also goes to mail and address options.

Fred in Tallahassee, FL

Email Expert
CCCarole

Fred-

Which version of Xfinity Connect are you using.

To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences in the Preview window. Now click on the General tab. A window opens showing which version you are using.

Which browser and version are you using? Have you cleared your browser catch?

Have you tried a different browser to see if the problem is specific to the browser you have been using.

IF using Internet Explorer Version 10 or Version 11, you must enable Compatibility View.

To do:
Click on TOOLS on the browser toolbar, then click on Compatibility View from the drop down menu.

Close and re- open your browser. Now go back into Xfinity Connect.

Post back please.

CC