Regular Contributor

More spam!

Couple of weeks ago I complained about the level of spam I've been getting. Of course it was all my fault according to Comcast, I had given out my email address and blah blah blah, none of which is true of course but it can't be comcasts fault!

Since then I have been getting even more spam, it has gotten so bad that I'm getting spam trying to sell me printer ink, from Russia!!

How does that get past a spam filter in 2012??? That is spam from the 1990's!

PRINTER INK!?

Come on Comcast, get with it!

We are paying top dollar and getting cut rate service!

New Visitor
colojoe

Re: More spam!

I have seen the same steady increase in spam over the last several weeks. The latest is selling ink and toner, from iabenyahu@discounts.con.wf

The spam filter is catching some stuff addressed to me, so why not these?

New Visitor
Fed-Up_As_Well

I have received more spam in the past two months than in the previous two YEARS combined.  Comcast needs to implement more effective spam filtering and give users more tools to block and manage spam. 

We are, after all, paying a premium for this service.  Get with it! 

Regular Contributor

I agree!

We know comcast is aware of the problem but they are offering no solutions.

Last time I complained someone did PM me and they 'looked' at my email account, then again blamed me for it!

This mail account is one that I don't use very often, and I'm VERY careful about who gets the address, I have throw away accounts for the times I have to give out an email address.

Comcast ahs seriously dropped the ball on this, along with the slow speeds and spotty service outages, I think it's time to look elsewhere!

Recognized Contributor
Woody

I am seeing more spam also. Most that Comcast's spam filter is missing are sent using the blind carbon copy field.

If you use webmail, I don't have a solution. If you use an email client on your PC (such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, etc.) try what I do.

You need to find the email message rules. The setting location may differ depending on what email client you use. Below is an example of my rule for spam using Outlook Express.

Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the To or CC line does not contain 'johndoe@comcast.net' or 'joeblow@comcast.net'
Move it to the !_Spam folder
and Stop processing more rules.

Replace my email address with yours. I created the spam folder. You can do the same or select another folder or select delete. I use the spam folder so I can review the contents, then delete. Occasionally a mail will go to the spam folder in error and I can move it to my inbox. If you use more than one rule, keep this one at the top of the list.

For those using Outlook Express, the settings are at tools, message rules, mail.

Bronze Star Contributor
JimC

The rapid increase in spam to my Comcast account this summer is ridiculous. I use a client to pull email from all of my 8 regular accounts, and only my Comcast account lets any spam through. I almost want to believe Comcast does this purposefully in order to get me to come to the Comcast website and generate some ad views in the process of marking spam.

Maybe Comcast should hand over their email service to Google? I never get spam delivered to my Google accounts.

Regular Contributor

I have 1 of my Comcast addresses forwarded to my Google address, and the others forwarded to Yahoo.

Both Google and Yahoo catch all the spam, so why can't Comcast?

Email Expert
Latoque

You might all find this little article interesting.  It's from a website I have a mailing list subscription to.  Not specifically involving a Comcast account, but Comcast uses pretty much the same type of technology to combat spam as the other major mail providers and ISPs do-------------

How Spam Filtering Works

Bottom line-----once spammers have your address you can count on getting more of it.  It's a constant game.  My primary email address is with Yahoo, and I get a lot of spam in it.  But their filters are pretty good, and I get only a few in my Inbox that the filters didn't catch.  I don't use my Comcast account that much, and I get very little spam.  Maybe one or two in a few days.  In my Yahoo account I must get  20-30 a day, easy. 

There's a variety of different ways spammers can get your address, including using a bot to just brute guess it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Bronze Star Contributor
JimC

Many of us are very conversant on how spam works, thank you very much. Conversant enough to recognize when the largest, most profitable ISP in the US is doing a pitifully poor job of filtering it. We aren't talking about cleverly worded or constructed spam mails here. These are garden-variety, in-your-face, been-around-for-ages, unmistakeable, run-of-the-mill spam. E-cigs. Credit scores. Printer ink. This is the generic stuff that any average filter system eliminates immediately. There's just no excuse for it to be getting through in 2012. And certainly no excuse on the part of a corporation of the size and capability of Comcast.

How a spammer gets one's email address is irrelevent and, frankly, that is a lame attempt to blame the user. The problem is Comcast's filtering failing over and over despite repeated tagging of emails of spam by users.

Regular Contributor

JimC you nailed it!

In fact since posting this, the spam has tripled in my account!

Maybe comcast is generating it themselves!

Either way blaming the customer is the comcast way, and frankly I'm sick of it.

To pay premium price that we all pay for comcast and to get such a low rate level of service is shameful!

Notice this posting has been up for 48 hours and comcast has ignored it completly!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm begining my search for a new broadband ISP today.

Visitor
jcmuse

Same here. 

Electronic Cigarette Free Trial <ovosidar@e-cigarette.con.wf> among others. What's going on Comcast?

Regular Contributor

Have you had your credit checked?

How learning a new language?

Need some electronic cigarettes?

How is that we all are getting the same spam, yet it's our fault?

Comcast......hello......are you there??

Are you doing this to your CUSTOMERS??

New Visitor
maxsmom77

I agree. The SPAM has gotten so bad in the last few weeks and it's so BLATANTLY spam. How in the world is it ever getting through.

Cigarettes??? Language and Credit Scores. 

It seems we're all getting them, why don't they do something about this!

Regular Contributor

Why don't they do something?

I'm guessing it's because they know we will keep putting up with it. We keep paying the highest price in the industry and we don't complain. Because we know if we do complain, nothing happens.

"Corporations are people too my friend", that's what we have come to in this country.

The customer, us, puts up with poor service and the service just gets worse and we let them.

I'm done with it, if I get poor service, I let them know...in no uncertain terms, no matter who it is.

My doctor included!

If anyone knows of any cost effective ISP's post them here so we can all look at them and deside which to switch to, comcast sucks.

Regular Contributor

Comcast, we don't care...we don't have to.

New Visitor
colojoe

Maybe they would pay more attention if the news media started asking about it.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Posted by ComcastJordan in the Thread titled 'Spam'.

08-27-201207:06 AM

Hey folks,

We have not turned off our filters. :smileyblush: We are aware of a global upswing in spam that is reaching levels that the industry hasn't seen in more than 2 years.  We're working to compensate.  Thanks for bearing with us while we sort it out.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

If this hadn't been an ongoing problem, for MONTHS now that excuse might almost be believable.

As it is, it's just another empty hollow excuse from the corporate masters.

Comcast, we don't care....we don't have to.

Regular Contributor

"Maybe they would pay more attention if the news media started asking about it."

Good point!

I'll send my complain to the local and national media, if enough of us do it, maybe, just maybe comcast might figure out that we are not just a 'revenue stream' that is here for their taking.

Regular Contributor

And the notion that this is a new problem, horse feathers!

Just go and look at the other threads titled 'spam' and you will see that is goes back to Feb of 2011!

New problem my aunt fanny!

Now comcast is simply lying!

Bronze Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

Nah, it's not new by any means.  It's just on a bad cycle.  Spam filters learn, spammers learn how to get around them, spam filters learn again.  Over and over, on and on, cycles without end.

Some things you can do:  guard your main email address, use a "throwaway" address (Comcast lets you have several, so just make one up and use it on "questionable" registrations.) 

My "main" email address was badly chosen way back when I first got Comcast.  It's pretty darned easy for the spam harvesting machines to figure out.  I still use it as the main one because of elderly parents, relatives and other friends. I'd much rather delete the few spam that actually get through the filters than try to talk them through a address book change! ("Hey, I got to messing around in something called 'the registry', and now my computer isn;t working.  Can you fix it, even though you're living 958 miles away??"  Bless their hearts, I really wish I were that fearless!) 

We do have a couple of "private" email addresses (just so we can order each other gifts without the other one knowing about it!) that after six or seven years have never had the first piece of spam.

Email Expert
CCCarole

And- I have noticed that sometimes users actually use the beginning portion of their email address as their Username in the Forums.  Bad idea since the Forums are public and all I spammer needs to do is add the @comcadt.net and they have an active email address.

Here is some more information about spam if you would like to read it:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Education/Spam-Email

FWIW:  In the many,many years I have had Comcast, I can count on one hand the number of spam emails I have received in my Inbox.  Just my experience.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Bronze Problem Solver

CCCarole wrote:

And- I have noticed that sometimes users actually use the beginning portion of their email address as their Username in the Forums.  ......

Bad idea, absolutely.  But without providing any details, my "main" email takes it a quantum leap further in bad ideas.  Sometimes, I look back and say to myself, "what the &#%^* was I thinking???  But then I realize rational thought had nothing to do with it.  "Du-aahh, I'll take that one!"

All that said, this morning during the worst spam attacks in the past two year, I recently learned, I received five clear spam emails.  Only five.  That's not bad at all.  (And Thunder Chicken nailed those.)

Email Expert
CCCarole

Tap[ping foot chicken.gifThunder Chicken????  :smileylaugh:

Bronze Star Contributor
JimC

Really? Two more blame-the-users posts? This is sad.

The issue isn't how many Comcast accounts you have or what you've named them. That's irrelevant. The issue is that Comcast's filters are inferior and allow very common spam to go through. More email accounts won't solve this.

None of my Google accounts, which I've had just as long, and get used far, far more often and in more varied places than my Comcast account gets spam delivered through to me. My Comcast email gets used only in communication to family and friends. I don't use it for shopping or in any other way. And, yet, spam gets through. And, my Google accounts, which are used in places where there's a good possibility it'll get harvested, never give me spam.

The simple fact is that Comcast is dropping the ball.

Regular Contributor

CCCarole wrote:

And- I have noticed that sometimes users actually use the beginning portion of their email address as their Username in the Forums.  Bad idea since the Forums are public and all I spammer needs to do is add the @comcadt.net and they have an active email address.

Here is some more information about spam if you would like to read it:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Education/Spam-Email

FWIW:  In the many,many years I have had Comcast, I can count on one hand the number of spam emails I have received in my Inbox.  Just my experience.

This would make sense if I only received spam on 1 of the 6 email addresses I have with Comcast.  But all 6 get the same spam within 15 minutes, and 2 of the accounts aren't used anywhere on the internet.

And, if you read my post above, all accounts are forwarded to web based email addresses, 1 to a Gmail account, the other 5 to Yahoo.  Both  of those services correctly identify the forwarded emails as spam and move them to the spam folders.  And this action takes place on a FREE service, not 1 that I'm paying over $200 per month for.

I'm glad you don't get much spam, but I get every spam email in all 6 accounts.

Regular Contributor

Agreed, all of my comcast account recieve the same spam in the same hour!

NONE of my other email accounts, gmail, yahoo get any of the spam.

In fact the one yahoo account that use when I KNOW i'm signing up for something that will result in spam, is currently getting LESS spam than my comcast accout!

Comcast, we don't care, we don't have to.

Email Expert
madylarian

[ Edited ]

I hate to break it to all of you but this problem is effecting more than just Comcast.  I've noticed a large increase in the spam hitting my non-Comcast domain addresses as well.  In the 17 years I've had these domain addresses I've seen this same cycle quite a few times.  Spam goes up.  Filters work to catch up. When they do spam drops noticably.  Until the spammers find another way around the filters.  Then spam goes up again and the cycle repeats again and again.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bronze Problem Solver

JimC wrote:

Blame the user post, JimC?  Hardly. Perhaps you'd better reread what was actually written.  We were offering advice we know to work, which you can accept or reject as you choose.

I have a total of seven email addresses, many Comcast, some with others like gMail and even an old Netscape account.  The accounts that have uncommon names get no spam all, and those are all Comcast accounts.  No spam at all.  If Comcast were "dropping the ball", those accounts would be full of spam.  They're not.

Email Expert
Latoque

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

JimC wrote:

Blame the user post, JimC?  Hardly. Perhaps you'd better reread what was actually written.  We were offering advice we know to work, which you can accept or reject as you choose.

I have a total of seven email addresses, many Comcast, some with others like gMail and even an old Netscape account.  The accounts that have uncommon names get no spam all, and those are all Comcast accounts.  No spam at all.  If Comcast were "dropping the ball", those accounts would be full of spam.  They're not.

I quite agree WtP.  In the last 30 days I have gotten maybe 7 or 8 spam messages in my Comcast Inbox.  In my Yahoo account I have 171 in the same time period!  A few got through to the Inbox.  So it's definitely not Comcast "dropping the ball".  Believe me, I have had a couple of issues with Comcast myself over the years, but getting flooded with spam hasn't been one of them.  If Comcast had fouled it up as bad as some in here think, then all 10 million+ Comcast customers would be getting the same spam, which is obviously not the case.

For those of you editorializing in here-----that's not what these forums are for.  If you have service complaints with Comcast then get on the phone and deal with them directly.  If you haven't figured it out yet, we are all volunteers in here trying to help other customers, with the exception of a very small number of Comcast employees who pop in and out of here on no particular schedule (their names are in red).  Grousing at us will get you absolutely nothing.  We don't get paid by Comcast for doing this, and we're not trying to sell anyone anything.  We are certainly not making up excusese for anything Comcast may actually be doing wrong.

If you think gMail or any other mail provider is so much better, then why aren't you using it instead of your Comcast account?  I know it's part of the service you pay for, same as me, but if you have their TV, Internet and telephone services, the email is a miniscule part of what you pay for each month.  And you are not required to use the email account. 

:connie_soapbox:

/rant

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Regular Contributor

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

JimC wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but I have 6 Comcast, 3 Hotmail. 1 Gmail and 1 Yahoo email addresses.  The only accounts where spam is in the Inbox is the Comcast addresses, the other providers filter spam correctly and it's in the spam folder.  And most of the spam I'm getting on Comcast aren't even getting to Hotmail, which is my throw away address for signing up up on the web at sites that I may not visit again.

And, some of my addresses are not generic or easily guessed, they have special characters and/or punctuation, and are rarely used.

And, please read my post above where I point out that the email forwarded from Comcast to Gmail and Yahoo are filtered out byt those providers.  If they can do it, whay can't Comcast.  I'm sick of being blamed for something that is obviously not my fault, but is definately my problem.

It's up to Comcast to get up to speed with the free email providers.

Regular Contributor

All of my comcast accounts have uncommon names, and none of them have been used for ordering online or registering or any of the 'you are doing this' nonsense the comcast plants are trying to blame us for.

Yet they ALL get the same spam!

And I got a new one today!

Payday loans!

How in thee heII does that slip through a spam filter?

Printer ink

payday loans

credit checks

all well known spam, all from foreign country's or from suspect address....no dice comcast and your plants, this is on you, not your customers!

Official Employee
ComcastJordan

Folks,

The email experience for will vary by service provider and account.  A spam free account on a provider likely means that account has not been harvested by a spammer or that provider’s filter is doing a really good job of stopping the spammer that’s targeting THAT account.  All filters have their strengths and weaknesses.  The types and volume of spam vary not only cyclically (low in June and high through time but across mailbox providers. 

It is also worth noting that the current flood of spam is Internet-wide.  The industry is seeing spam volumes not seen in more than 2 years.  For spam that we’ve BLOCKED volumes in August are more than double what they were in April.  That being said, there are plenty of examples of subject lines that are easy to pick out with human eyes; none of us would ever want a filter to approach email that simplistically.  The human eye will always be the best spam filter.  Unfortunately, that doesn’t scale very well.

We understand that the volume of spam is impacting all of you.  It’s hitting us too (but that’s not the point).  The point is that we can do better.  We do care and we are working hard improve our filters.  We apologize for the inconvenience you’re going through right now.  Stay tuned and I’ll continue to update as we have more information.

Regular Contributor

Gee thanks jordan, more of the same BS.

You don't care, you are not working hard to do anything except collect monthly bills.

You will however continue to blame your customers and provide the worst service for the highest price.

Does anyone above the hourly employees ever look at this wonderful little do nothing go nowhere forum?

Has anyone at comcast ever noticed that there is never, ever a resolution to anyones problems on here?

Has anyone at comcast ever looked at the 'customer service' section of this forum?

Does comcast have ANY satisfifed customers?

Official Employee
ComcastJordan

Drivesme,

We're currently in the E-Mail and Xfinity Connect Help forum, so how can I help you with your e-mail or Xfinity Connect issue?

New Visitor
rratney

I have three spam filters: the one on Comcast's server, the one that is part of the Norton package you can get from Comcast, and the one that's part of Thunderbird. Between them they keep my spam level down but I've noticed an increase this summer also. One type that started recently has me baffled as to what the sender is trying to accomplish: The messages come with the usual subject lines (toner, health insurance, training, etc.) but the message body consists of a string of random English words interspersed with images which I don't open. Are these messages carrying any kind of malware? Is it dangerous to merely open the messages even if I don't open the graphics?

Ron

Regular Contributor

I know where we are jordan and congratulations for finding your way here, that's quite an achievement.

If you had bothered to read this thread you would know how you can help me and it seems quite a few others.

But let me help you out, you can,

Stop the spam!

Does that expalin things for you jordan?

Regular Contributor

Here is what I don't get,

Comcast claims to have a great and wonderful spam filter, and they charge us a great deal for it.

Yet, for months now, hundreds of thousands of your customers have been getting the same spam emails, over and over and over. Now you claim your little filter needs to 'learn' what is spam and what isn't, right?

Oh and 'we've gotten a lot of new spam, yadda, yadda, yadda, cry me a river.

So, what I don't get is, just how long does your filter take to learn that 100,000's of people don't want to buy printer ink from Russia?

Or a credit check from the UK?

Or electronic smokes?

Just how long does that take?

Visitor

Same thing here.  I use only macs and I've almost never gotten spam in the past fifteen years.  Now in the past two weeks, I've suddenly gotten hundreds and hundreds of spam emails, from Russia, from the mid-east, from America, from everywhere, pouring into my comcast account.  It's a mess. And according to Comcast, "nothing in my account has changed. Have you checked your spam filter?"  Yeah, I have and it's on.  It's just not working.  Something is going on and they're not telling us. Come on, Comcast, what's up? Is it no longer cost effective to filter this stuff out?  I'm going to start looking elsewhere for my internet needs. 

Regular Contributor

I think most us are looking for something else, service level can't get much worse at comcast.

Email Expert
madylarian

drivesme wrote:

I think most us are looking for something else, service level can't get much worse at comcast.

If you think you can avoid the recent increase in spam by changing to another ISP, go ahead.  Unfortunately you'll find that they are having the same problem.  If you are so enamored of Gmail or Yahoo, go ahead and use them for you email.  Just don't count on being able to contact anyone if you have a problem.  Their abuse desks are well-known black holes where complaints go to die. 

mady

Regular Contributor

And just how is comcast different?

You see any care, concern, suggestions, ideas r even half way decent explaintions out of comcast?

I don't.

Are others better or worse, I don't know but I do know they are far cheaper.

Right now I pay the highest price for the lowest service.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the spam I have been getting... all of it starting in August come from domains ending in "con.wf" and "con.pm".

I looked up Whois on both domains and go figure... the are both from the same source:

domain: con.wf

domain: con.pm

(links are to http://whois.domaintools.com lookup table for each)

Both created on August 18, 2012:

created:     18/08/2012

registrar:   INTERNET.BS CORP
type:        Isp Option 1
address:     98 Hampshire Street
address:     N4892 NASSAU
phone:       +16463831418
fax-no:      +33 1 70 99 44 15
e-mail:      

Blatently fraudulent with the obviously bogus legal contact name and email info created August 11, 2012:

remarks:     -------------- WARNING --------------
remarks:     While the registrar knows him/her,
remarks:     this person chose to restrict access
remarks:     to his/her personal data. So PLEASE,
remarks:     don't send emails to Ano Nymous. This
remarks:     address is bogus and there is no hope
remarks:     of a reply.
remarks:     -------------- WARNING --------------
changed:     11/08/2012 
anonymous:   YES

I would think Comcast could do something with the info it took me only seconds to find.... if only

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I should add that none of this spam has gone to my HotMail, MSN or GMail addresses, only to three of my four Comcast addresses.

All of the spam I have gotten from the seemingly "Live Mail" unblockable sender domains of
".con.wf"
and
".con.pm"
have gone to three of my four comcast email addresses.

The only difference with the one and only comcast email address that has never received spam is that I have never ever sent from, only received email to this address, all the email received from "Xfinity" sending up to six emails per month.

The comcast email addresses I have sent from are all spammed from the above Nassau, Bahamas registration.

Comcast should have enough clout and leverage to talk with "INTERNET.BS CORP" and get this single sourced scam stopped.  Comcast has influence, they almost forced a $54 billion hostile buyout of Disney in cash as they tripled my rates saying they have expenses too.

Three of each spam, one to each of my effected comcast email addresses.

Real life examples, only a sampling of what I have received since August 18th, others have been deleted:
    "Auto-Price-Finder" <ibozecejia@labordaydiscounts.con.pm>
    "Auto-Price-Finder" <opeuqxujuryr@labordaydiscounts.con.pm>
    "An old school friend" <esaydhe@bright.con.pm>
    "American Laser Skincare" <aogzuaayxiji@freelaser.con.wf>
    "American Laser Skincare" <ueucaxikjowe@freelaser.con.wf>
    "Payday Loans" <ijymioqvoup@paydayloans.con.wf>
    "Payday Loans" <oywihyicvyz@paydayloans.con.wf>
    "Payday Loans" <onoxrizxyvo@paydayloans.con.wf>
    "Electronic Cigarette Free Trial" <eiapyyutei@e-cigarette.con.wf>
    "Electronic Cigarette Free Trial" <awisiuloni@e-cigarette.con.wf>
    "Electronic Cigarette Free Trial" <ikzrrufilui@e-cigarette.con.wf>
    "Credit Score Center" <avudyanr@crdtreport.con.wf>
    "Credit Score Center" <odooymppt@crdtreport.con.wf>
    "Credit Score Center" <ambomyoave@crdtreport.con.wf>
    "Printer¨Ink" <inunevoax@discounts.con.wf>
    "Printer¨Ink" <ameliuan@discounts.con.wf>
    "Printer¨Ink" <ocyumymym@discounts.con.wf>
    "American Laser Skincare" <eruimevizao@freelaser.con.wf>
    "Language¨Secrets" <eezuymixevay@linguistics.con.wf>

To same comcast addresses briefly, but these stopped on August 17:
    "ChristianMingle Dating" <nwuxbyvpiynnjgaipioorazosu@daily--offers.name>
    "ChristianMingle Dating" <omitkywazqiiurfrcqzxeneldo@top1offer.nl>
    "Window Installation" <wecgsunxuedgyhsugpradcsaek@best-offer.name>
    "Window Installation" <ymmvyugycbwfgeafauae@daily-offers.name>
    "Sweepstake Notification" <cucpgulesunsfvgpmpyxejitc@top-offers.name>
    "ExtendedWarranty" <cilyhyovysjdyucukucuciif@top-offer.nl>
    "Window Installation" <wecgsunxuedgyhsugpradcsaek@best-offer.name>
    "Window Installation" <ymmvyugycbwfgeafauae@daily-offers.name>
    "Window Installation" <mqatuzwegtoodrknizutwiwo@daily-offers.name>
    "Sweepstake Notification" <cucpgulesunsfvgpmpyxejitc@top-offers.name>
    "Sweepstake Notification" <wxaijiuubrombkztvuzu@top-offers.name>

It doesn't take a bloody genius in fuzzy logic to see a pattern here.

I hope Comcast, Xfinity, or whatever they call themselves this year can do something because I don't know of any block list that allow comlex regular expressions.  I as a customer know of no way to block these scams.  I retired in 2000 but had worked in the industry since Varian Univac 620L, both hardware and software design.  I do not believe these attacks started with any careless behavior on my part.  I can not help but wonder what economic damage is being done to Comcast customers and other victims each day.

In my limited personal experience this contagion has only effected comcast email.

Is anyone getting con.wf or con.pm domain suffix emails to any email other than @comcast.com?

Regular Contributor

We are ALL getting the same spam and have been fro MONTHS!

Those domains are new but the spam isn't.

And you are correct, it isn't going to ANY other accounts, JUST comcast.

comcast REFUSES to admit it or do anything about it. If you read the many posts here and other threads about spam, they blame us, the CUSTOMER!

Not  single word, other than snark from comcast on this thread.

Comcast, we don't care....we don't have to.

New Visitor
ahmward

I thought I was the only one getting an increased amount of spam.  It never comes through on my gmail account.  I think the comcast account is one of the worst available.  It is cumbersome on my iPad and difficult to delete messages.  I cannot use it well when I travel to foreign countries and am slowly switching everything to gmail. The home page is ridiculous unless you read trash magazines.  

Regular Contributor

I've used Comcast for a number of years now and the only reason I have a Comcast email account is because it was required when I signed up.  I have NEVER used it other than to delete the emails I get from Comcast.  Now I'm getting spam.  It has to be the spam filters in Comcast and not someone or something that hacked my email account.

Please fix this!

Regular Contributor

I'm looking for a new ISP, anyone have any suggestions?

I think until enough people complain and then cancel their accounts comcast won't do a dammed thing.

Well they will blame the customer, but other than that they will just collect the checks every month.

Anyone have any experiance with any other ISP's?

Email Expert
madylarian

drivesme wrote:

Anyone have any experiance with any other ISP's?

Yes, but they are also experiencing increased spam, so good luck.  Certainly stay from Verizon as this is from a Verizon FIOS forum:  " I have noticed the increase in SPAM and it is really getting annoying. I just wish Verizon would spend some money and put in a real anti-spam solution or outsource the whole thing to a company that knows what they are doing. "

And if it's such a terrible issue for you why not just change to a Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook.com email address and be done with it.  Besides, that way you won't have to worry about losing your email when you change ISPs again.  Problem solved.

mady

Regular Contributor

Why don't you stop telling us the same thing over and over protecting comcast and it's very poor level of service?