New Visitor
SCJ2DAY

Move Outlook Folders to Xfinity Folders

I have email messages saved in my Outlook Folder.  I would like to move these email messages to new folders that I have setup on my Xfinity Internet Email.  How can I do this?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Move Outlook Folders to Xfinity Folders

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I don't think this can be done. The only way I can see this to work is to send the emails individually which can be a pain. After doing some searching on the web here is what I found I don't think outlook can keep the to and from intact also you would not be able just to place them directly in the inbox you would need to create separte folders.

Hope that helps

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Move Outlook Folders to Xfinity Folders

SCJ2DAY wrote:

I have email messages saved in my Outlook Folder.  I would like to move these email messages to new folders that I have setup on my Xfinity Internet Email.  How can I do this?

Do you have a lot of messages in that Outlook Folder? Is this a Folder you created, or one of the Outlook folders?  Which version of Outlook please? You could forward them back to the Xfinity Inbox, but then messages will show as coming from you, not the original recipient. While you can create Rules for email coming into your Outlook Inbox, you cannot create rules after you have moved them to another Folder.

Why not simply save them to an external drive or CD?  If it were me, messages I want to save are better stored on your PC or a CD, or external drive, then saving them on a webpage... Which is what XfinityConnect is.  If there is ever a server problem, all those saved messages could be deleted in error.

Going forward, unless you don't plan to continue using Outlook at all- Consider setting up Outlook to 'Leave a message on the server' when downloading messages to Outlook.  That way they will be available both in Outlook and in XfinityConnect's Inbox.  You can create an email filter in XC to move them directly to any folder of your choice when they come in from the server. Those emails can be directed to a Folder, and won't end up in the Inbox.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.