New Visitor
lsabados
Accepted Solution

*** Moved: Previous Email Accounts No Longer Accessible?

I moved and transferred my Comcast account a few months ago and as of today I cannot sign on to my previous account's email accounts.  It would have been nice if Comcast notified me of this so I could copy/redirect all my archived emails from those accounts.

Has anyone else been able to recover their emails form older accounts? If so, how? Thanks.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: *** Moved: Previous Email Accounts No Longer Accessible?

lsabados wrote:

I moved and transferred my Comcast account a few months ago and as of today I cannot sign on to my previous account's email accounts.  It would have been nice if Comcast notified me of this so I could copy/redirect all my archived emails from those accounts.

Has anyone else been able to recover their emails form older accounts? If so, how? Thanks.

It looks like you were given a new account?  If that was the case, most likely that closed account was removed, along with everything in it.

Call 1-800 comcast and see if they can retrieve anything.  Provide the old email addresses and the old account number.

Good luck,

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
lsabados

Hi...via online chat I was told that they would be able to trnsfer my old, previous account's email accounts to my new Comncast account.  They will be contacting me within the nex 24-72 hours.  They assured me that my archived email (in my previous account's email folders) would still be intact.  I will jsut waitn and see and report back with my followup.  Thanks fof your rresponse, CC.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Thjat is good news!  Please come back and let us know if they did take care of this for you.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
lsabados

I have a happy follow up to this issue.  I Just recieved an automated phne call, from Comcast telling me that the email account tranfer has been completed.  Lo and behold...

I was abld to log on to both of my previous email accouns and all the old emails were intact.  I'm happy to report that Comcast came though, this time.

I did express (during the online chat, with them, yesterday) that they need to be better at letting the customers know that this may occur.  The tech agreed.

Anyway..this issue is resolved!

New Visitor
RichardFalletta

Just moved.  POd enough that I can't even access my email from work until the service is reconnected on Wednesady.  Really nice job there.  I better not have to deal with this on Wednesday.

New Visitor
brendateaches

I moved and transferred services to the new address in the same city. Everything was fine at first. Then my emails stopped working. Apparently I was given a new account number and my log in's were not moved to it properly. I talked via chat to someone who said I'd receive a call within 72 hours. Um .. . that was on the 18th and today is the 24th. No call received!

At the time I only realized one email was down now I know it is all three. I don't want to spend another hour on chat or on the phone. Can this be fixed by me? I am so annoyed.