New Visitor
melapointe

My forwarded email is suddenly blocked and now all my email is

I've been having my email from my work address forwarded to my Comcast address (so I could work more easily at home) since August.  I've had no problem getting email until just this past week when folks have been reporting that they're getting "bounce back" messages from Comcast (not from the work address). 

As of yesterday, the situation has gotten even worse and no email is getting through to me!  Even when someone writes directly to me at Comcast, their email isn't getting to me and it's not going into my spam folder. Yesterday and today I had zero messages in my inbox (which is just impossible).

Help!

mlp

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: My forwarded email is suddenly blocked and now all my email is

What happens if you send mail to yourself?

Have you tried changing your password on the off chance that some email client is grabbing it?

Bronze Problem Solver

melapointe wrote:

I've been having my email from my work address forwarded to my Comcast address (so I could work more easily at home) since August.  I've had no problem getting email until just this past week when folks have been reporting that they're getting "bounce back" messages from Comcast (not from the work address). 

As of yesterday, the situation has gotten even worse and no email is getting through to me!  Even when someone writes directly to me at Comcast, their email isn't getting to me and it's not going into my spam folder. Yesterday and today I had zero messages in my inbox (which is just impossible).

Help!

mlp

Login to Comcast webmail and see if Auto Forwarding is enabled (Preferences, then Email in the pane on the left). The first symptom is consistent with email being forwarded to an invalid address, and the second with email being forwarded without keeping a local copy.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

I am suspecting Comcast has your work domain on their "grey list" that that's blocking your receipt.

You can fill out the Blocked Provider Request form.  This link below has information, too, about bounce-back messages:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/troubleshoot-blocked-emails/

Hope it helps.