New Visitor
datahook

New Email Folders - how to Sync with Outlook

I made new folders on my email account, so I could move emails for organization.  But I noticed a drawback on my desktop: if I didn't get them on Outlook before they were moved from Inbox to [new folder], that now they are lost to Outlook on the desktop.  It still works all fine on the android mobile, and there it even lets me move emails to different folders.  Is there a way to replicate these folders so Outlook has 'knowledge' of them?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Email Folders - how to Sync with Outlook

datahook wrote:

I made new folders on my email account, so I could move emails for organization.  But I noticed a drawback on my desktop: if I didn't get them on Outlook before they were moved from Inbox to [new folder], that now they are lost to Outlook on the desktop.  It still works all fine on the android mobile, and there it even lets me move emails to different folders.  Is there a way to replicate these folders so Outlook has 'knowledge' of them?

No, there isn't. Comcast only supports POP3, and POP3 clients can only access the Comcast Inbox. You must be accessing your email via a web browser on the Android. You could move messages back into the webmail Inbox and then download them with Outlook, and then move them into Outlook folders, but you can't synch folders in Outlook with folders on the Comcast server.