New Visitor
datahook

New Email Folders - how to Sync with Outlook

I made new folders on my email account, so I could move emails for organization.  But I noticed a drawback on my desktop: if I didn't get them on Outlook before they were moved from Inbox to [new folder], that now they are lost to Outlook on the desktop.  It still works all fine on the android mobile, and there it even lets me move emails to different folders.  Is there a way to replicate these folders so Outlook has 'knowledge' of them?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Email Folders - how to Sync with Outlook

datahook wrote:

I made new folders on my email account, so I could move emails for organization.  But I noticed a drawback on my desktop: if I didn't get them on Outlook before they were moved from Inbox to [new folder], that now they are lost to Outlook on the desktop.  It still works all fine on the android mobile, and there it even lets me move emails to different folders.  Is there a way to replicate these folders so Outlook has 'knowledge' of them?

No, there isn't. Comcast only supports POP3, and POP3 clients can only access the Comcast Inbox. You must be accessing your email via a web browser on the Android. You could move messages back into the webmail Inbox and then download them with Outlook, and then move them into Outlook folders, but you can't synch folders in Outlook with folders on the Comcast server.

Visitor

This is an old question, but I'm new to outlook, so for me it is a new question. Have any upgrades taken place since this was written to help us who need to sync our folders on our phones and outlook? Is there a workaround to make outlook access something more of Comcast than just the in-box? My Android replicates the comcast folders, but outlook does not, which seriosly restricts how in sync they can be. 

help...

Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is not an answer for Outlook but may be a related issue. I recently had my Comcast email enabled for their IMAP protocol. I can access all my email folders on both an iPad and a Samsung tablet but using Thunderbird on my laptop does not show these folders.

Contributor

After hours of searching, I found that in TB, you have to "subscribe" to your folders for them to appear. I guess they are "there", just not visible by default. Maybe this is true for all clients.

Visitor

Thanks for this. I have Outlook instead of Thunderbird, but I'll look around in it to see if your trick applies there too.