Visitor

New laptop won't accept User and Password

Just purchased a Dell laptop.  I have no problems whatsoever with Comcast email on my desktop.  However, when I go to Xfinity on laptop, the email sign-in will not accept my User name or Password which work just fine on the desktop.  And how do I get the laptop to recognize me the way my desktop does, so that I don't have to type in "comcast.net" in the address bar at the top of my laptop screen?  I'm obviously not a computer people, so I do need help.  No help at all from a "chat" I just had with a "technician."

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: New laptop won't accept User and Password

15626redclay wrote:

Just purchased a Dell laptop.  I have no problems whatsoever with Comcast email on my desktop.  However, when I go to Xfinity on laptop, the email sign-in will not accept my User name or Password which work just fine on the desktop.  And how do I get the laptop to recognize me the way my desktop does, so that I don't have to type in "comcast.net" in the address bar at the top of my laptop screen?  I'm obviously not a computer people, so I do need help.  No help at all from a "chat" I just had with a "technician."

What is happening exactly when you click on the sign-in on your laptop?  Also- if you are now on the latop, try using the Email link at the top rigtht side of this page- Can you get in?

Do you use an email client as well as XfinityConnect?  If yes, which one?

Whcih version of XfinityConnect are you using?  Full or lite?  To check:  Click on Preferences in XfinityConnect.  A window will open.  Whcih one is ticked?

Have you cleared your browser cache? Itemporary Internet Files and cookies)

Does your new laptop have Internet Explorer as your browser?  Most likely it does.  If you want to make comcast.net your 'homepage'... So when you click on the browser icon it will go right to the Comcast homepage:

At the very top of the page, click on Tools.  Then click on Internet Options.  Now see what is showing there to open when you open the browser?  If it is NOT www.comcast.net, delete whatever homepage is showing and type in www.comcast.net  and click on OK.

IE 9 Internet Options.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

Re: New laptop won't accept User and Password

Thank you for your help.  Somehow I have managed to solve my problem.