New Visitor

No Outgoing Email from Outlook/Express Error 0x800CCC60

Did a search through the forums for this error and did not find anything so going to post here.

Using Windows XP SP2 Firewall Enabled, Outlook2003, Norton Antivirus (no firewall suite) and Microsofts Anti Spyware, Linksys Router.

I hooked up my old Linksys about 10 days ago and then about 3 days ago I cannot send email any longer. I can recieve and I can browse the internet. I can send/recieve from the web based email on comcast.net.

I have already re applied my settings in Outlook and setup a new profile in Outlook Express to no effect. I turned off the Virus Scanning and Anti Spyware also no effect.

Error I am getting on Send Only is:

Task 'ComcastOnline - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60): 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. ....... The server responded: 24.20.xxx.xxx (insert remainder of my Linksys WAN IP) has too many connections (2) on rwcrmhc14'

I believe that last string of letters is the name of one SMTP server for Comcast. Anyone seen or have this error? I called Comcast and they were zero help at all...

Could use a little direction/assistance.

Thanks!
Most Valued Poster
Jason1

Re: No Outgoing Email from Outlook/Express Error 0x800CCC60

Anon1554211,

Somehow your Outlook/OE is making multiple simultaneous connections to the same server and causing this error. A suggestion is for you to try shutting down all instances of any email programs you have open (close Outlook and OE and then press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and look for any extra outlook.exe items that might be in the processes list - if you find any extras, kill them by selecting and press End Task). After this is done, I would recommend trying to restart the computer just to cover all bases and make sure you start off on a clean slate. Once the computer is restarted, wait about 5 to 10 minutes for any open connections to your IP address on the server side to close. Then after waiting, try restarting either Outlook or OE to see if the issue is resolved.

If the error persists, please post back and let us know and we'll try to help further.
New Visitor

Jason,

Thank you for your reply. I was aware that Outlook likes to run multiple instances at times (particularly when you close/re open when using cached mode since it does not release very quickly).

I had previously rebooted the PC to eliminate an such issues and any other misc OS/Outlook issues but it did not resolve.

Just now I went ahead and powered off the Cable Modem and my Linksys router. I powered down the PC also.

I reconnected the PC directly to the Cable Modem and powered up the Cable modem. Waited a couple minutes then powered up the PC. Everything worked fine.

Powered everything off again. Reconnected Cable Modem to Linksys, connected PC to Linksys and powered up the Cable Modem, then the Linksys then the PC waiting a couple minutes in between each power up sequence.

The problem returned.

Do I have the Linksys setup incorrectly? I pretty much just use the default settings and it worked when I had DSL. I did not use it for a while after changing to Cable. Put it back on a little over a week ago and starting having this issue a couple days later.

Idea's?

Thanks,

Sean
Message was edited by: Anon1554211
New Visitor

PS.

It appears that the first error from Outlook is a server timed out message. Then as Outlook continues to try to connect and send it comes back with the second error as noted in the first post regarding too many connections.

Seems I may have the linksys configured incorrectly... even though I have no idea why it worked then just stopped.
New Visitor

Well I have found sporadic references to this issue across various sites but as yet have not found a solution.

Since earlier I have done the following.

Tested pings against smtp.comcast.net to verify the correct MTU size and put that setting into the Linksys Filters (1500 MTU)

Created another new Outlook profile. Changed the pop and smtp server settings from the DNS names to the IP's.

Captured a DHCP address from Comcast with my PC then disconnected and cloned my MAC address on the Linksys router to make it look like I was coming from the same device.

Checked all the sites listed in this forum to verify my IP is not logged as a spammer on those services.

Enabled SMTP logging in Outlook:

2006.01.11 20:44:29 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>>
2006.01.11 20:44:29 Resource manager terminated

2006.01.11 20:51:26 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>>
2006.01.11 20:51:26 ComcastOnline: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001)
2006.01.11 20:51:26 ComcastOnline: UploadItems: 1 messages to send
2006.01.11 20:51:26 SMTP (216.148.227.125): Begin execution
2006.01.11 20:51:26 SMTP (216.148.227.125): Port: 25, Secure: no, SPA: no
2006.01.11 20:51:26 SMTP (216.148.227.125): Finding host
2006.01.11 20:51:26 SMTP (216.148.227.125): Connected to host
2006.01.11 20:51:26 SMTP (216.148.227.125): 220 comcast.net - Maillennium ESMTP/MULTIBOX rwcrmhc11 #214
2006.01.11 20:51:26 SMTP (216.148.227.125): EHLO Rodan
2006.01.11 20:52:41 SMTP (216.148.227.125): End execution
2006.01.11 20:52:41 ComcastOnline: ReportStatus: RSF_COMPLETED, hr = 0x8004210b
2006.01.11 20:52:41 ComcastOnline: Synch operation completed

So far all is to no avail. I can do everything I need to on the internet except send mail. sigh...

why me....

Any other suggestions?

Sean
Visitor

I get the EXACT same thing in my Outlook 2000 sending to Comcast ONLY from my work computer, on each comcast email acct. 

I can recieve emails, and send emails via my website acct, but not through comcast??  It is very strange.  This has been going on for over a year now.

Now, what is interesting, is at home I CAN connect via Outlook 2000.

I do use an older linksys router at work, but previously I used the exact same model at home (it recently died)  Also from work I am connecting via a DSL connection from anohter provider.

Any Help would be appreciated.  I have reset, my acct settings numeous times always with the same result, inbound fine - NO outbound.

Recognized Contributor

Havoc321 wrote:

Also from work I am connecting via a DSL connection from anohter provider.

Bingo - that's why it's failing to send.  Comcast restricts the use of its outgoing mail server when you're not physically connected to their network (when you're just using webmail, it doesn't matter).  You need user authentication, and might as well switch to SSL while you're at it (seems to be more robust).

Settings for using Outlook from work:

In Outlook, choose Tools, E-Mail Accounts, View or change existing e-mail account, click on your Comcast account to highlight it, Change, incoming server is mail.comcast.net, outgoing server is smtp.comcast.net, make sure “Logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” is NOT checked, More Settings, the Outgoing Server tab, check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication,” choose “Use same settings as my incoming mail server,” the Advanced tab, check both boxes for “This server requires an SSL-secured connection (SSL),” change port number to 995 for incoming, 465 for outgoing.  While you're there, bump up the Server Timeouts slider to the high end.

Bronze Problem Solver

Havoc321 wrote:

I get the EXACT same thing in my Outlook 2000 sending to Comcast ONLY from my work computer, on each comcast email acct. 

I can recieve emails, and send emails via my website acct, but not through comcast??  It is very strange.  This has been going on for over a year now.

Now, what is interesting, is at home I CAN connect via Outlook 2000.

I do use an older linksys router at work, but previously I used the exact same model at home (it recently died)  Also from work I am connecting via a DSL connection from anohter provider.

Any Help would be appreciated.  I have reset, my acct settings numeous times always with the same result, inbound fine - NO outbound.

I think your problem is not the same. Try setting up your Outlook as though traveling. Here are some instructions from the email FAQ for Outlook 2002 and 2003 but you should be able to interprete these for 2000.

If this does not solve your problem, you may want to start a new thread.