Contributor

Re: No incoming e-mail on devices

I found that K-9 was not working on my Nook tablet either. I got it to work by changing the incoming and outgoing security settings to "SSL (if available)". 

As noted on my previous post, I had to set my native Nook email app to TSL, so it doesnt make much sense, but both apps are working now.

New Visitor
JLR0052

This is the second day can not access my email...shows I have some just a blank page ....  :smileysad:

New Visitor

I also receive the "cannot safely connect to server (orgbouncycastle.jce exception ExtCentPath exception. could not validate cert signature" error message on my Samsung Stratosphere Adroid phone when I try to retrieve emails.  I have am able to send outgoing messages. This has been going on since 9/26.  

Interestingly, I installed ios 7.0.1 on my ipad on 9/25 and I am able to receive email messages on it.  I don't know if there is something on that release that circumvents whatever is causing this error for me and previous posters.  

New Visitor
ebelle

Success in receiving emails guided by CCCarole reply above using no SSL and port 110. Would like security but at least this is functional until Comcast fixes underlying problem.

New Visitor
Bhodgman

Hello all, i have the HTC EVO and had been using the stock email client with my Comcast account for years with no problems until about 10 days ago. I finall switched my login setting to TLS and port 110, and now it works again (was SSL and 995). Must say this was pretty infuriating - and i find it utterly repugnant the way many of you say you we treated by Comcast tech support regarding it...
Visitor

I am throughly disgusted, to say the least. NO TECH on line can help me; Tech came out; no help, and was told a Supervisof would call, and to this time, he has not "come, called or wrote!" This is very poor service, and I do not know what else to do. I lost all of my incoming e-mails for 6 days;; could not be retrieved; and since the Tech was out yesterday, cannot even get into mhy e-mails! What is the solution??????
New Visitor
landofoz1957

Thanks for the workaround.  Mine stopped somewhere on 9/26.  I changed to TSL and 110 and up popped all my emails.  Seems that my gmail may be having issues as well. 

Will monitor this to see what occurs for a permanent fix.

New Visitor

As of 9/27, I am no longer able to access my emails on my cell phone's email app. I keep getting a server error message. I deleted the data and cache on my email app, then un-linked my account. When I try to set it up again, I get this error message:

Setup could not finish.

Cannot safely connect to server.

(org.bouncycastle.jce.exception.

ExtCertPathValidatorException: Could not validate certificate signature.)

I have T-Mobile.

Contributor

My solution, for now - maybe permanently - I forwarded my Comcast email to another non-Comcast email account I have. Now I receive all email on all 3 devices: laptop, phone, ipad; and better yet they're synced and saved in the cloud with no hassles.

Comcast needs to realize that if people are unable to use their product as it is intended, they will either leave or find workarounds. And BAD customer service certainly increases the likelihood of leaving for another vendor.

New Visitor
rtsp

I am having the same problem; it began last week, and I have tried the Safe List correction. All four of my comcast email accounts, including family members, is visible on my computer, but not on my ATT Android. One of these accounts is for my small business, and I am getting angry. Both of my gmail accounts come through fine on my Android, so this is clearly a Comcast issue.

I do not appreciate not getting my email on my cell phone, especially for my business. Do I have to inform my clients to use a gmail account?

New Visitor
rtsp

Well, suddenly it is working again after 5 days of no email.

New Visitor

FINALLY! I CAN CHECK MY EMAIL ON MY PHONE AGAIN!

*ahem* I mean, it looks like the problem has been resolved.

New Visitor
RRTOO

After this massive tech glitch, I have to wonder:  When will Comcast, the all-powerful wizard, finally get around to enabling full Phone synchro of email, contacts and calendar?  Right now, its just email, even with Xfinity Connect.  This a joke.

New Visitor

Thank you, Carole.  I had not been back to the forum since last week as I was using webmail. Your solution worked. 

Thank you for posting!

New Visitor

I just discovered that I can now receive on Kindle Fire but not send - even trying all options... back to the drawing board.

New Visitor
AdamAberle

My desktop computer, I-pad, laptop, and my Android Phone all quite receiving messages on September 15, 2013. I have made two separtate calls to Comcast and they cannot seem to figure out what the problem is.

During those two phone calls, I was on the first phone call for almost two hours. The second phone call, I was on the phone for over two hours. The frustrating thing is, I'm still having the same issue, with no end to the problem in site. Everytime I would speak to a customer service rep, they always told me they couldn't handle my problem and they would have to send the ticket to the next level.

The first time that occurred, the technician told me that the customer service reps should be trained to fix my issue. What a joke that turned out to be.

The second time I called, the custmer service rep gave me the same story. "I'm sorry sir, but I can't fix that problem for you. I'll have to send the ticket to the next level of support." 

I even had one guy send me to their premier tech support which cost me $49.95. Ultimately, the charge was reversed, but this entire situation is really getting ridiculous.

I have no doubt now after reading all of the complaints about messages not coming in on a variety of devices that something is wrong at Comcast and they either do not know it, or they are not willing to admit it is their problem. (My thought is they don't want to admit it.)

If there is any comfort in this at all, it is that I do not feel like I've been left out in the cold all alone. There are numerous individuals with the exact same issue. 

My next attempt to call Comcast will be tomorrow and I will be speaking to a high supervisor about this issue and requesting a credit on my account as well.

Frustrated E-Mail Receiver

New Visitor
JLR0052

Re: No incoming e-mail on desk top

I still check everyday and still can't get it through Comcast....I am now getting my email via Mozilla Thunderbird.....but I am paying Comcast for this !!!

Contributor
technogirl

Re: No incoming e-mail on desk top

Apple technician just got back to me and their engineers confirmed it is not a problem on their end.  My iPhone still does not receive messages.  COMCAST PLEASE FIX THIS!

Contributor

doesn't work on my iphone, made all the changes, still no new emails. 

full xfinity email

internet explore

windows 7

stopped getting new emails since October 2nd, customer service can't fix by phone, waiting for a "high end" support person to call sometime in next 72 hours, I have fears this "high end" support person will be a "low response" resolution.

Visitor
nothappy33

As is 12/6/2013 this issue started on my 2 android devices droid2global and a nexus7. I can send emails but not receive them. I've tried the rec
ommendations here with no success. Only change is an invalid certificate message on the phone.

Worst of all Comcast wants $50 to fix the problem!
Email Expert
CCCarole