New Visitor
acueman

Not getting emails

I have sent multiple emails from my company email address to my comcast.net account but they don't show up in my comcast in box or spam and I don't get an undeliverable message from my company email.  Please help.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Not getting emails

Can you send OK from other non-work email accounts to the Comcast address?  If so, then your company's domain may be getting blocked because of some spam related issue.  In that case you need to contact Comcast Security-------------------

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected PCs (commonly referred to as "bots"), online fraud and other security issues.

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Email Expert
CCCarole

In addition, sometimes emails that contain url links, a phone number, or a image can be caught by one of the Comcast filters.  If that does occur, the email is silently dropped and you would not receive notification from Comcast.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
mnre

How do I stop comcast from Radomly stopping emails with urls, links, etc... Most of the emails I get have this since nowadays most folks have thier website link in their email signature.  I am sporadically missing important emails, although the same person will send me multiple emails, and most will get through.  I have to find a way to correct this issue or dump comcast email.  Thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastAlex

mnre: You should enable your Spam Folder in your user preferences.  Messages marked as spam would then go into that folder.

New Visitor
mnre

Really, ENABLE spam on comcast.net email page??  I talked to someone @ comcast over the phone and they said to make sure this was turned to OFF so that messages didn't get held up here.  So, just so I am clear, If I have the Spam Folder turned on, what comcast thinks are spam emails will end up here.  If I have SPAM folder turned off, the emails will just dissapear and not be visible in my inbox or spam folder, and I will have no record of them? Is this correct? 

I used to have a differnt email and used a different email client or interface and I had an issue with emails being errouneously marked as spam.  With this email client (I think it was Zimbra) I was able to write in a filter that made sure all emails got through, can I do something like that with comcast's email interface?  I think it was as simple as writing a rule that said only block emails with "zyx7659" in them, or something similar to that.

Thanks- I am not trying to be difficult - I just need to get this resolved or start using another email address where I can control this situation.  Getting only some emails from a person, and not all, is just not an option and I have checked all spam, junk, deleted and other folders and can find no trace of the missing emails.  Most folks just use reply to resond to my emails, and if they do that, I need to be able to revieve that email or at least have it go to my junk folder where I can find it 100% of the time.

Official Employee
ComcastAlex

You would want the Spam Folder on, and check the box to save a copy of the messages.  Hover your mouse over the question mark next to that option.

"Choose whether to enable the spam filter by selecting ON or OFF. Enabling the spam filter provides an additional layer of email filtering. When you enable the filter and select "Save a copy of emails marked as spam," any messages considered to be spam will be delivered to your Spam folder. If you do not wish to save copies, all email considered spam will be automatically deleted."

If you change it to Off, the messages marked as spam should go to your Inbox, not something I'd imagine most people want.  I may be mistaken in this case.

New Visitor
mnre

Alex, the problem is that I am NOT recieving some important emails.  They are not in my spam or junk folder, they are not showing up on the comcast.net webmail page or via my Xfinity email app on my phone.  I need to find out HOW to make sure I get those emails.  If having spam turned on could possibley be causing my to miss out on important emails because of how comcast classified spam, I would, honestly, rather get spam emails in addition to my regular email if that was the only way with Comcast that I can ensure that I get all my important emails.  But if you are telling me that all this feature does is but these messages in my spam folder, this is a moot point anyhow, because the emails I am missing are NOT in my spam folder, they are just not getting to me period.

Official Employee
ComcastAlex

mnre, send me a private message with some details.  I'll see what I can find.

Click on my name, there's a link to send me a private message.