Visitor
Accepted Solution

Not "Receiving" emails in outlook express!

I have reviewed all settings and they are all set right, per comcast instructions. However, I have not received any incoming email since 1/23/12, even though I can send emails fine, even to myself. Everyone who sends me one says it shows to go through on their end, but I am not getting them. Would this be do to OE server having problems? If so, what can I do?

Thanks!

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: Not "Receiving" emails in outlook express!

Can you see the messages in the web-based Xfinity Connect? Have you changed your password to stop any other email client from grabbing the incoming mail? Did this work previously? There isn't a separate Outlook Express server.
Visitor

No password changes have been made and I am the sole owner of accounts on this computer.

And no, not even getting copys of them now in my comcast email, like I was before... had a copy of all emails in both OE and comcast email programs.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Change your password to a strong one.

That will prevent whatever is grabbing your mail from taking it. Your password could have been guessed or some other email client might be grabbing it and deleting it.

Then send yourself an email.
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Now that I gather you changed your password and can get email, look around your computer and see if you have another email client running that grabbed your email. The missing email may be there.

Visitor

No, actually I rechecked my Comcast email and found that I had stupidly checked the box in pref. to stop incoming mail, there, which also affected my OE mail account..  DUH!

However, I do thank you for all your time & help.