Contributor
cmconnell

Not receiving emails

Hello - i am not receiving all the emails that are sent to me.  Once (that i know of), the emailer received a notice that their email did not reach me, but they didn't get it until 2 days after they sent it.  I just received an email today from someone who said "you must not have received my earlier email". 

This is very frustrating because i don't know what i'm not receiving!  I only find out when someone calls to ask, or i send an email following up because i didnt' get a reply to my first email. It's also happened where i receive a response from someone other than the original sender because we are both on the distribution, but i never received the original email.

This was sporadic for awhile (~ a year ago), seemed to go away (as far as i know!) but has just started recurring again pretty frequently over the last few weeks.

Is there somethign i need to adjust in my settings?  I've checked my spam folder and none of the missing messages were there.  Some are from friends and relatives i've been emailing forever, and this last one would have been the first one from that sender.

Please help!  Thanks!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Not receiving emails

[ Edited ]

Hello - i am not receiving all the emails that are sent to me.  Once (that i know of), the emailer received a notice that their email did not reach me, but they didn't get it until 2 days after they sent it.  I just received an email today from someone who said "you must not have received my earlier email".

This is very frustrating because i don't know what i'm not receiving!  I only find out when someone calls to ask, or i send an email following up because i didnt' get a reply to my first email. It's also happened where i receive a response from someone other than the original sender because we are both on the distribution, but i never received the original email.

This was sporadic for awhile (~ a year ago), seemed to go away (as far as i know!) but has just started recurring again pretty frequently over the last few weeks.

Is there somethign i need to adjust in my settings?  I've checked my spam folder and none of the missing messages were there.  Some are from friends and relatives i've been emailing forever, and this last one would have been the first one from that sender.

Please help!  Thanks!!

This is close to what our problem is however it does not take a couple days to let people know it sends the reply right back stating no way to contact

Regular Visitor
SidShredder

I am also not getting all my emails and the ones I am not getting are importation. My wife is not getting them either.

They are not coming from gmail or any internet email they are coming from Business and my legal advisor.

What is going on Guys. I do not pay for emails to be blocked or to be lost in cyberspace.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

[ Edited ]

Are they in your spam filter in the web-based Xfinity Connect?

Did the sender use comcast.net or comcast.com?

Do you know specific times and senders? If so, forward them to cc_xc by private message (click on xc_cc's red user name) - (edit cc_xc is a Comcast employee whose name appears in red in this forum).

Regular Visitor
SidShredder

Not a wab based mail program using office 2004 with Entourage my wife is using Apple Mac Mail.

the spam fillters are off. the emails are going to .net and before last month i was getting them from both partys but then somehting changed when comcast updated there servers.

Contributor
cmconnell

I checked my spam and they are not there.  Most of them should have gone to .net, because some were replies to my email.  I don't know specific times because i didn't get them!!!!  I'll forward the email from the one person who said "you must not have received my previous email" but that won't have the time or date of the email i didn't receive....  Thanks for your help, any other info you can find to fix this would be great.

Contributor
cmconnell

what do you mean by xc_cc's red user name?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I mistyped.

cc_xc is a Comcast employee who works with email problem who has been posting in this forum. If you look down the messages here, you will see that name. Click on it. Comcast employees who post here in the help forum have red user names to make them more easily identified.

Contributor
cmconnell

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks!

New Visitor
margiebk

On 10/20/11, my husband and I have not been receiving any emails either.  I think Comcast is having issues.  Comcast, please let us know and fix the problem!

Official Employee
cc_xc

Actually the guys who work specifically with Spam and Anti-Abuse are CC_Adame, ComcastJordan, and CC_Severin.  I can forward this thread to them.

Official Employee
cc_adame

Hi cmconnell,

We're looking into this and will get back shortly.

--
Adam
Comcast National Engineering // Customer Protection Team
New Visitor
guru_stu

What's the latest on this? I'm not receiving email from gmail or verizon. I'm using the web based email at comcast. If I have the same friends send to my work email I get them. Is Comcast blocking those to providers as spam?

Official Employee
cc_adame

--
Adam
New Visitor
guru_stu

[ Edited ]

It's receiving emails from gmail accounts and verizon accounts. Some peolpe who said they sent it to me and I never received them are xxxx@gmail.com, xxxxx@gmail.com and xxxx@verizon.net. None of them got a bounced back as undeliverable.

New Visitor
guru_stu

[ Edited ]

Correction, the addresses are xxxx@gmail.com and xxxx@gmail.com

Official Employee
cc_adame

Thanks 

--
Adam
New Visitor
guru_stu

Ok, we found the problem, users had to many lines in there auto signature of their gmail account. Once we reduced it from 10 to 5 it worked. It must of been triggering your spam filter(?).

New Visitor
kgowda

[ Edited ]

Not receiving emails sent from xxx@partners.org to xxx@comcast.net email account. What is going on? I am able to receive these missed emalls on gmail account. Makes me wonder what other email I have been missing that are being sent comcast account?

New Visitor
LindaLn464

Help me

Contributor
smokestack1

I am receiving greatly delayed emails sometimes up to 3 days.  I don't know how many I am not receiving at all.  They are being delayed by Comcast email servers in Westchester, PA and Emeryville, CA.  I have Escalation and Case numbers from Comcast but no resolution to the problem.  There are friends who live in close proximity who are having the same issues.  All Comcast email service.

I don't know what the next step should be as Comcast Tech service will not get back to me.  Help!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ignore this post

Contributor
debarde

I am having a problem with Xfinity connect - Once I added additional accounts to Xfinity "Inbox preview" my Pocomail email software does not load the comcast email from one of the accounts.  There is not option to reverse the multiple email preview option- another words remove the accounts I added so I can return to receiving my email into the Poco program as it was doing prior to adding comcast accounts to the Inbox Preview.  When will they add the option of removing the accounts from preview?

Do you know if you are working on a way to discontinue "inbox preview" or remove accounts from the preview page? I would like to reverse the process and there does not seem a way to "remove" accounts from the Preview page.

Email Expert
JR071702

debarde wrote:

Do you know if you are working on a way to discontinue "inbox preview" or remove accounts from the preview page? I would like to reverse the process and there does not seem a way to "remove" accounts from the Preview page.

You would need to go to Preferences > EMail Manager to remove the external POP accounts from the display in both the EMail view and the Preview page.

JR

Contributor
debarde

The problem is the account email not being received in Pocomail is the default account not an external POP account (comcast email address).  I have two other comcast email accounts and Pocomail is receiving the email without a problem - the problem is with the default email account only.

Email Expert
CCCarole

New Visitor

I am not receiving my emails either. This never happened before.

Email Expert
CCCarole

jozee wrote:

I am not receiving my emails either. This never happened before.

Are you using XfinityConnect for email or an email client?

Have you checked your email preferences to make sure that neither Safe Sender's List or Forwarding is not on?

To do:

Sign in with your PRIMARY Username and password

Click on Account at the top of the page

You will be re-directed into Customer Central

Click on Users & Preferences tab

Click on the Username having the problem

Click on Email Settings

Scroll down and look to see if Safe Sender or Forwarding is ON.  If either is, click OFF/

Post back with the results please and we will go from there.

CC

Email settings in Account.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
cmconnell

both of mine were off.  My issue though is that sometimes i receive email and sometimes i don't.  Sometimes i receive a reply from someone on the same string but never receive the preceding messages.  All of the email i'm missing are from contacts in my account (mom, sister, etc.).

Email Expert
CCCarole

cmconnell wrote:

both of mine were off.  My issue though is that sometimes i receive email and sometimes i don't.  Sometimes i receive a reply from someone on the same string but never receive the preceding messages.  All of the email i'm missing are from contacts in my account (mom, sister, etc.).

Have you checked your Spam Folder for missing emails?

I would first advise you to immediately change your password and your secret question.  A strong password consists of upper and lower case letters, some numbers, and at least one character (18 max)  Never use the same password on multiple websites either.

If someone replies to an email you sent them, they need to configure their email to include the email from you.  If they don't you will only get the new email.

Please also check your Sent Folder:  Do you see any emails there that you did not send?

Post back,

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
cmconnell

yes, i checked my spam folder and none of the missing email was there.  I'm confused as to how this could be a spam issue.  This is email from people i know who have emailed me before, and i'm just not receiving the email.  Somehow it is dropping.  Sometimes it is brand new email, sometimes it is responses from a previous string.  As far as i know it has not happened recently (but then again, i don't know what i'm missing unless someone tells me!).

Email Expert
CCCarole

cmconnell wrote:

yes, i checked my spam folder and none of the missing email was there.  I'm confused as to how this could be a spam issue.  This is email from people i know who have emailed me before, and i'm just not receiving the email.  Somehow it is dropping.  Sometimes it is brand new email, sometimes it is responses from a previous string.  As far as i know it has not happened recently (but then again, i don't know what i'm missing unless someone tells me!).

Do you ONLY use XfinityConnect?  Do you maybe have an email client configured that you forgot about?  Do check.  Have you clicked on a Contact me link on a website at all?

Do any of the emails you are missing contain:  a url link, a phone number, an image... that you are aware of?

CC

New Visitor

Everything is okay now. Thanks

Email Expert
CCCarole

jozee wrote:

Everything is okay now. Thanks

Are you saying it fixed itself?  Or did you do something to fix it? If yes, what did you do? Thanks.

CC

Contributor
cmconnell

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now.  I did not receive an email from my lawyer scheduling a closing on my house!!!   He sent it at 12:37 p.m. central yesterday.  there was a 14kb pdf attachment, i was the only one in the subject line but there were several people cc'd.  What is going on???????

To answer your questions below, how do you configure an email client?  I'm sure i've clicked a "contact us" link at some point.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Do you have an email client configured as well as using XfinityConnect? If you do, open that email client and see if the email is in the client Inbox.

Configuring an email client means you have set up the settings in an email client to send/ receive email. The most common email clients would include: Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Gmail, Thunderbird, Outlook.

Contributor
cmconnell

i am in the beta testing for Windows 8.  However, i just set that up about a month ago and while that might affect this last one, it certainly had no bearing on all the ones before that.  That is on my computer at home so i will have to wait until i get home to check it.