New Visitor
flgirlie

Not receiving emails

New to Comcast.  Set up email account and am able to email from my account.  When I've sent an email to myself from another email account (Gmail or AOL), I receive nothing!  Please help.  Thank you.

Service Expert
Again

Re: Not receiving emails

flgirlie wrote:

New to Comcast.  Set up email account and am able to email from my account.  When I've sent an email to myself from another email account (Gmail or AOL), I receive nothing!  Please help.  Thank you.

Are you sending to comcast.net and not comcast.com?

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

New Visitor
flgirlie

Comcast.net
Service Expert
Again

Are you getting any error or bounce messages and if so, please post EXACTLY what they say.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

New Visitor
flgirlie

There are no error or bounce messages.

Contributor

I will jump in to say I have the same problem. Not with my main account but with a secondary account. I can get one email from the other account (used by my dad) and then he asks me later if I got the other emails? No, I did not. Turns out his emails are not going out in at least 50% of the time that I know of, and there are no bounces. We have verified the settings, he can send emails, but if he forwards a link or send additionals emails they do not come through.

Oh. And in this case The computers are in the same house...

I don't understand how emails can be sent, not delivered and no bounce notifications. And I have checked my Spam filters nothing is blocked from his email accout.

Sorry to jump in on the OP post, but it sounds like we are having the same problems. I have tried thunderbird and Windows Live.. Same problems.

New Visitor
flgirlie

Thanks so much, MagnumAL, for relating your experiences.  Fortunately, I do not have to rely on using Comcast email.  But, it would have been nice. 

Official Employee
ComcastAlex

figirlie,

It appears you have your email on Comcast set to forward back to your AOL account.  So if you send mail from AOL to Comcast, it should get sent back to your AOL account.

Is that not what you wanted to happen?

If not, please send me a private message with the email address that you're sending to/from so that I can do more research.  

Thanks!

Official Employee
ComcastAlex

MagnumAL, if you want us to look into your situation, I'll also need some more information from you.  The sender might be a big help in this instance.  Also, if you have a specific date where you know something was sent and not received, that can help also.

Contributor

I'll send you some info later tonight in a private message. As for the actual user, I can send you the username in the email, but the user is 85 so talking computer lingo to him is going to frsutrating for you. I have actually repeated (and can repeat the problem) at anytime. So expect info later tonight.

Contributor

Understand..... I have several forums that I was subscribed to with comcast email and had to change as I never even get the forum welcome message. Comcast's filtering is frustrating so I have had to resubscribe with a more reliable email address.