New Visitor

OWA for comcast email

how do I set up a web outlook account for my comcast.net email

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Re: OWA for comcast email

If you have Comcast residential internet, you can't. OWA requires Microsoft Exchange and residential email is POP3.

If you have Comcast Business  internet, since it includes Sharepoint/Exchange, it may be available. Contact business support for additional information.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Email Expert

What exactly are you trying to do? OWA is a way to access an Exchange server using a web interface. Comcast has a web interface, you get to it by clicking on the Mail icon on the Comcast home page. It's not the same design as OWA, but it accomplishes essentially the same thing.

New Visitor

I am just trying to get my email on the road in putlook. The comcast email interface is just terrible.

Networking Expert
kevj

This sticky post describes how to set up various mail clients...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

New Visitor
lstell3

Comcast Business Class customers receive two FREE Microsoft Exchange email accounts. "IF" they choose NOT to have Comcast host their email domain, they would be required to use the name.company@comcastbiz.net email addresses.

This would avail Microsoft Outlook 2010 for all registered Comast email licenses. These two Exchange accounts would be able to share contacts, calendars and folders as well as a 10GB (MAX) SharePoint site. Additional email seats/licences are $6.99 per month. Along with the email hosting, business customers receive a three page web site. They can create an entirely new domain or drag an existing domain from another hosting service or migrate an onsite Exchange server over to the Comcast hosted email.

They use a third party soup to nuts email migration provider known as "Mural MaaX"  

To get a real good look at these & many other hosted and cloud based offerings go to:

http://upware.comcast.com

lstell3

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

3year old dead thread now locked.