New Visitor
SputzyMia

Object error

I have been using web mail through my IP comcast. I am now unable to attach any file to an outgoing email. When i try to click on the add attachment menu, it does not open. I am also getting a message that is [object Error] that indicates it is from the webpage. I cannot now login to comcast to even get my email. Help! Thanks.
Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Object error

This is caused by IE add-ons.  For example the Add-on publisher "Amazing Apps / 215 Apps" Add-on Name "I Want This" will cause the error if the add-on is enabled.

I would recommend that you disable all add-ons in IE (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select each add-on and click disable), then RESTART IE to see if the error goes away.  If the error does go away then you can then do the following to determine which add-on is causing the problem.

1) enable one of the previously disabled add-ons (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select an add-on and click enable)

2) restart the browser

3) re-open the browser and goto comcast.net email to see if you get the error again

repeat steps 1-3 until you get the error again

once you get the error you will know that the last add-on enable was the one that caused the problem.

If an add-on is greyed out and unable to be disabled from the menu, then you'll need to go to control panel and uninstall the program that installed the rogue add-on.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

Re: Object error

its not just email.

We get an object error, when I open task manager there are two instances of xfinity/comcast running on my laptop. I have looked at IE add on's and any mysterious programs. Anything I did not know was disabled or remover and the error message continues.