Visitor
adamslevy

Only Getting Some (Not All) Comcast Emails on my New Motorola Razr Maxx

My new Motorola Razr Maxx is receiving some, but not all, of my Comcast emails.  I think - and this is a complete guess - that perhaps the problem has to do with how the email is taken off the Comcast server by my Outlook on my desktop computer.  My Outlook retrieves my emails from the server within every 15 minutes (or something like that); I guess depending on where it is in that 15 minute cycle, the email comes to my Outlook at any point within that period.  On my new phone, there’s a setting that says I can “fetch” email manually or automatically every 15 or 30 or 60 mins, etc.  (It's set to every 15 minutes.)  Maybe my Outlook on my home computer is retrieving some email messages before my phone gets to it leaving nothing for my phone to retrieve?  But if that is the problem, I don’t know how to resolve that.  Also, my phone is telling me that Comcast does not permit data to be "pushed" through as soon as it hits the server, which I figure means it won't let me get my emails instantly when they hit the server.  Currently, I do not have my desktop Outlook synch'd to my new phone and I don't even know if that is feasible or even a good option because of how large my Outlook data is.  Regardless, I'd like to know how I can get all my Comcast emails to make their way to both my desktop Outlook and my new phone.   

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Only Getting Some (Not All) Comcast Emails on my New Motorola Razr Maxx

OK I don't have a Motorola phone and I don't use Outlook.  But I do use Thunderbird.  Any of the clients I know of have a setting in them that by default deletes an email after it is downloaded by the client program--in your case Outlook.  But you can change it in the Outlook preferences so that it leaves a copy on the mail server.  It sounds like that's what's happening with yours.  Go into Outlook and make sure you have it set to leave a copy on the server.

This might be of help to you------------

Outlook and mail server setting

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Visitor
adamslevy

Re: Only Getting Some (Not All) Comcast Emails on my New Motorola Razr Maxx

Latoque - thanks for your reply.  I will try that with my Outlook setting.