New Visitor
rminsky6744

Open links in email.

All of a sudden, just today, I cannot open the links shown in the emails I have. I can open the old emails okay but when I try to open one of the links in that email nothing happens. Did not have this problem before today. Any advice would be appreciated.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Open links in email.

Using Xfinity Connect

Check your pop up blocker, it may be seeing the mail as a pop up.

If you are using the Internet Explorer pop up blocker included with Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3
these instructions work with IE6, IE7 and IE8.

Go to Tools at the top of this page.

Internet Options/Privacy tab.

Click on Settings in Pop-up Blocker.

Add the following to the Allow line:

*.mail.comcast.net

Close out Internet Options, see if  links/attachments will open.

If you use a different blocker, just look on the bottom of the page to see if you get a notification that one has been blocked when you click on the message. If you do, you can usually click the notification icon and will be able to allow pop ups from *.mail.comcast.net

Post back with the name of the one you use if you can't figure it out, and someone will help you.

If you use an email client, hold down the ctrl key while clicking the link.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
catsluvr

As of today, 2/28 I also cannot open the links in my email.  I have tried your suggestions in internet explorer and nothing and have tried in google chrome and nothing.  I have unblocked all the popups and would like to know what is going on.

New Visitor
astaats

Hello,

This is happening to me as well. It works fine in Firefox, but when I try to open a link in an email while in Comcast's email page, it just loads a blank page. No errors. Nothing. It just doesn't seem to be resolving the links properly.

Please help!

Thanks!