Visitor
Accepted Solution

Outlook, SmartZone and New Folders

In SmartZone I've created new folders under the Inbox so I can categorize my email. I'm now setting up Outlook 2010 to connect to SmartZone. Outlook sees the email in my SmartZone Inbox but it does not see the sub-folders that I've created. How can I configure Outlook to use those sub-folders as well as the Inbox?

Brian

Service Expert
Again

Re: Outlook, SmartZone and New Folders

bxb7668 wrote:

In SmartZone I've created new folders under the Inbox so I can categorize my email. I'm now setting up Outlook 2010 to connect to SmartZone. Outlook sees the email in my SmartZone Inbox but it does not see the sub-folders that I've created. How can I configure Outlook to use those sub-folders as well as the Inbox?

Brian

You'll need to create the folders in Outloook 2010 manually and then create rules for your email to be delivered to those folders.  Comcast doesn't use IMAP, so you can't sync your Outlook with SmartZone.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---

"I am you and you are me. Teach me about you and I will teach you about me, and we'll find we aren't so different after all."
--- © James Scott 2012

Visitor

Let me make sure that I understand correctly, I've created sub-folders on the web SmartZone interface. Those folders will not be seen by Outlook? Outlook will only see the mail in the SmartZone Inbox but will not see any sub-folders in the SmartZone Inbox. Correct?

Email Expert
JR071702

bxb7668 wrote:

Let me make sure that I understand correctly, I've created sub-folders on the web SmartZone interface. Those folders will not be seen by Outlook? Outlook will only see the mail in the SmartZone Inbox but will not see any sub-folders in the SmartZone Inbox. Correct?

That is correct.

JR