Contributor
romerolinda

PC Health Boost

What is this PC Health Boost that says there is a problem with my outlook account and wants me download their service? 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: PC Health Boost

This is not coming from Comcast.  It is a advertisement trying to sell you some unneeded software.  If you continue to get these type of ad's, you pc might be infected with malware / trojan or ad software.

Contributor
romerolinda

Thanks for letting me know. I will report it. 

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

JayInAlg wrote: This is not coming from Comcast. ...

Jay, for over a week now Comcast has been allowing ads claiming that unspecified "issues" have been discovered. The ads appear in the "Promotions" box in the lower-left corner of the Xfinity Connect Inbox. One of them links to jade.sitescout.com and ultimately to a page at http://www.fix-outlook-express.com with a "PCHealthBoost" logo at the top.

You may be technically correct whey you say that the ad "is not coming from Comcast", but Comcast is certainly allowing this scammy advertiser to mislead users of Xfinity Connect.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

Same ad says my macintosh is infected " outlook express "             Ya right !  outlook express is not installed on my computer !

Regular Contributor

This ju8k has been appearing for over a week in webmail.  The number of "issues" and the annoying

graphical image next to it changes randomly.

Will someone at Comcast please explain why you are allowing this scam ad to appear?

Regular Contributor

The same scammy advertiser is also advertising "Overstock" laptops and HDTVs at low low prices.  And of course the "Issues" ad contines to display.  Today I have already been told I have 1, 3, and 6 "issues" with

my PC.  Distracting graphical images today are a blinking box, a envelope, and "Star Trek" cruising thru

the galaxy.

Shame on you Comcast for continuing to allow these deceptive ads from jade.sitescout.com to appear on

webmail.

Contributor
AOTA-Puppies

I agree  and  I have searched the Comcast sites  for it  can't find a thing  but its  on their page!!!!!!!!!!!!Makes you wonder about  more TRUST issues on the sight??????  hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Contributor
AOTA-Puppies

I have been thinking of switching......... ............  Its the most annoying thing  when you are working .

New Visitor
deducks721

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?   I can't send emails!  

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

deducks721 wrote:

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?   I can't send emails!  

Did you install PC Heath Boost?  Is it showing in your Add/remove Programs?

Are you saying that the Promotion box in the Inbox is preventing you from sending email?  Or that PC Health Boost is doing it?

Please post back and tell us which version of XfinityConnect you are using.  To do:  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences on the black bar in the Preview window.  now click on General icon.  A window opens, showing you which version of XfinityConnect you are using.  Which one is it?

Do you also have an email client configured?  Which one/version?

Are you getting any error messages when you try to send?  If YES, copy/paste the entire error message you get in your reply too.

Post back.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
deducks721

Thanks for the reply.

It says I am using the Full Version.

Not getting an error message - the email just sits and the action bar where the send button resides remains greyed out.  I have tried several different emails.

I did not download PC Health Boost.  But the error message appeared in the promotions box, or at least I first noticed it, only when I tried to send an email.  I am still receiving emails.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Do you also use an email client or not?  (You forgot to answer that)

And did you check your Add/Rempove programs for that PC Health Boost program?

See if switching to the Lite version helps.

To do:  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences on the black bar in the Preview window

Click on the General icon

Click on EDIT and change to LITE.

Close and re-open XC, you should now be in Lite.

If you have email sitting in the Outbox, delete them.

Post back.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole
Email Expert
CCCarole