Contributor

POOF! Emails disappeared from INBOX

I just lost all of my inbox..yes..email deletion schedule is set to "never"..etc..etc.  Yes...I have an extremely strong email..letters, numbers, & characters. Please stop blaming it on passwords!

In reading all the issues...this looks like a Comcast issue that seems to give a "robo-answer" for the issue rather than looking into performing customer service. I had never had an issue before but this looks as if Comcast dropped the ball. 

Thank you for deleting a very important legal email (will pass this issue to the attorney) and other personal emails I had yet to read. 

Please find the reason for this issue as it looks as if it is spreading.  I know from reading posts that my emails are gone for good.  I am going to have to find an alternative to Comcast email.  Rather sad as I have been loyal Comcast customer for many, many years. 

If there is a way to return my emails without a subpoena I would gladly like my emails back. 

Thanks...anybody have a suggestion as to safer email?

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Re: POOF! Emails disappeared from INBOX

[ Edited ]

Do you have any phone apps set to delete emails off server ?

Gmail

and always back up important emails to disk

Contributor

No...I do not.  I made sure on set-up that I must manually delete any emails just in case I delete something in error.  Thank you :smileyhappy:  but not the issue.  These were un-read emails.

Contributor

In addition....I usually print out my important emails or save them manually in another program. (thanks anyway)  These have not even been OPEN OR READ.  I was on my computer (not my phone) they were on my "quick" listing on my "services" page, did not even open "full email" as I was going out.  Logged off, went out, came home and POOF - gone!  Suggestions?

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Sorry that was only suggestion i had . CCCarole may be in , she seems to be the resident Email expert . Or maybe Comcast employees here may be able to answer, there names appear in Red and usually they hang out on second page of "Whos Online" in this forum .

Contributor

CCarol just gives robo-answers - she was who I was referring to.  Thank you very much for the suggestions :smileyhappy:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Anon299733333 wrote:

CCarol just gives robo-answers - she was who I was referring to.  Thank you very much for the suggestions :smileyhappy:

Those robo-answers are basic  trouble shooting questions which we ask because many times

1) what is suggested will work

2) the answers to those questions can lead to a solution.

In addition to the phone apps, which you state you don't use, do you have an email client set up to work with Comcast mail servers that could have been opened which would cause mail to download to the client and delete them from the server?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

You note that you save some emails in another program. I gather that isn't an email client such as Outlook, Windows Mail, or Mac Mail. That's the most likely place that the missing mail has gone.

Another possibility is that you somehow changed the Email settings to forward to another account. I don't know how you would do that accidentally, but it is under your customer service account then Users & Preferences then Email Settings. 

I would change my password to stop any other program from grabbing the email and deleting it. That's under Basic Settings rather than Email Settings.

The simplest explanation is often the right one. That's why we give "canned" answers.

Contributor

Thank you for your reply...but I said that when I have important emails I PRINT them and put them in another PROGRAM (ie: my documents - I scan them in to keep a hard copy).  I did not mention another email account.  So....unless Xfinity email has access to my hard drive and my documents folder - they are not there!  But again....thank you anyway, it does not apply. I also change my password every 30 days, again thank you.

Contributor

I have been with comcast since the 1990's and email with them since about 2000.  I have been changing my password every 30 days since 2006.  I never said I do not use the phone app.  I said that I have my phone app set to where I have to manually delete the emails from my computer - just in case I delete an email in error.  I am so very sorry that I ever brought this up....all the suggestions and answers to my posts just do not apply.  I do not think my original post was ever really read and I am spoken to like I am not in my right mind :smileysad:  BTW - my first email said - this happened on my PC not my phone!  my phone was not even on and I did not even open the app.  I was at home on my PC - please re-read the posts...I give up  :/

This is so frustrating and really not doing any good :smileysad:

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Anon299733333 wrote:

I just lost all of my inbox..yes..email deletion schedule is set to "never"..etc..etc.  Yes...I have an extremely strong email..letters, numbers, & characters. Please stop blaming it on passwords!

In reading all the issues...this looks like a Comcast issue that seems to give a "robo-answer" for the issue rather than looking into performing customer service. I had never had an issue before but this looks as if Comcast dropped the ball. 

Thank you for deleting a very important legal email (will pass this issue to the attorney) and other personal emails I had yet to read. 

Please find the reason for this issue as it looks as if it is spreading.  I know from reading posts that my emails are gone for good.  I am going to have to find an alternative to Comcast email.  Rather sad as I have been loyal Comcast customer for many, many years. 

If there is a way to return my emails without a subpoena I would gladly like my emails back. 

Thanks...anybody have a suggestion as to safer email?

Re-reading your first post above ... We are customers like you trying to help with limited information. We cannot see your account. We cannot see what you are using. People very often believe that they have tried "everything already said".

I'm not seeing an overwhelming number of posts about lost email.

You asked for an alternative. Get a Gmail account.

Have you called Comcast and talked to a person who can actually look at your account?

Contributor

Thank you for your very professional response. :smileyhappy: Have a nice day

Official Employee
ComcastKen

BethKatz is correct in that many times we have successfully found the cause of lost emails due to other devices that users have which end up downloading the email and deleting it from server.  I understand this is not the issue in your case.  These forums are here so that Comcast users and employees can collaborate together to try to resolve issues.  

If your email is truly deleted due to some backend server changes, Comcast Customer Service should be able to escalate your issue directly to the Email Team to investigate and even restore your emails. 

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley