New Visitor

POP3 and SMTP server address

I converted my e-mail to Comcast.  I need the POP3 and SMTP server addresses to be able to setup an account with Outlook 2003.  Please advise.

Recognized Contributor

Re: POP3 and SMTP server address

Click on Help (not Forums Help, which is specific to the use of the forums).  Look for the Email Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs).  Complete Outlook configuration instructions will be found there.
Email Expert

Thread moved from Connection forum.
New Visitor

what are the pop3 and smtp setups >?

Service Expert
Again

aciewilliams wrote:
what are the pop3 and smtp setups >?

Right down at the bottom of this page is a search function.  Plugging in pop3 brought up these results.  As you can see, this question is asked a lot, and has been asked recently.  :smileywink:  Welcome to the forums!
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Networking Expert
Baric

[ Edited ]
And of course there are the Comcast FAQ's...

Message Edited by Baric on 03-03-2008 09:35 PM
New Visitor

I can't seem to get Windows 8 to recognize my Comcast email account, or password. I keep getting addon drop downs for for "Domain" and "Username". The error message I get back is " We couldn't find settings for tvonfeldt@comcast.net. Provide us with more info and we'll try connecting again. I've put in domain name "mail.comcast.net" with user name tvonfeldt@comcast.net, but it comes back with a request for a server address. What server address should I use? Windows 8 does not seem to be able to locate, recognize, or communicate with comcast servers. Error message "Unable to connect...."