New Visitor
New Visitor
S54

Problem deleting emails

I use my Nook Table and laptop to view emails.  When I delete an email off one device it isn't deleted on the other.  And when I come back to the original devise the email is back at least 50% if the time. Please help!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Problem deleting emails

With XfinityConnect, you are using POP, not IMAP.  You would need IMAP to delete from your device as well.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
New Visitor
S54

Thanks for the fast reply - how do I change POP to IMAP?

Email Expert
CCCarole

XfinityConnect does not have IMAP. 

You could use Gmail,  which does have it.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
New Visitor
S54

So...to get an email account which actually works I can't use Comcast?  I agree with the others who have posted that Comcast email is horrible.  I'll switch Internet providers as soon as this contract is up.  This is past ridiculous.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Before you switch ask the provider if they use POP or IMAP.

If they use POP you still have the same issue.                      

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You could set up Gmail to download your email to Gmail from the Comcast Inbox and not deal with XfinityConnect at all.  OR set up a real email client and have your email downloaded to it.  Then, if you must view your email while out of town,etc. you could simply use m.comcast.net to read your email.

IF you do this, you need to set up the email client to Leave a copy of messages on your server for those times when you are out of town and want to view email in Comcast.

I personally would much rather have my email go directly to my PC, then sitting on a server.

New Visitor

I have a related problem.  On my old computer, whenever I viewed my email using Outlook, it would delete all the mail from my Comcast mail.  This is what I prefer.  I just got a new computer and after setting up Outlook (2010) on my new computer, now the emails aren't removed automatically.  Now I have 2 places I need to clean up.  I've been told there's an option to select but I can't find it.  Any help?

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

In Outlook 201o, click on Account Settings, then highlight the email address and click  on 'Change' then on More Settings.  Now click on the Advanced tab.  Untick the box to leave messages on the server.