Frequent Visitor

Re: Closing an Email Account

My comcast email account has been "hacked".  I am presently away from my address and many emails are being sent out from my email account and I need to close it and install a new primary account to prevent serios damage.  Please advise or close my primary account and assign a new one immediately!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Closing an Email Account

[ Edited ]

This is primarily a customer-to-customer forum. No one here will be able to close your primary account and assign a new one immediately! Nor will any of the employees who sometimes show up close and create accounts for you. This is something YOU have to do yourself.

Before you delete the primary account there is something you can try. Change your password. Create a strong password with letters and numbers.

If you decide you don't want to change the password and are adamant about deleting the primary account:

Sign in to Customer Central as the primary Comcast account.

Users & Settings tab.

Create a new user account. Grant it unrestricted status. Directions on HOW to grant that status can be found in Section 2 here: How to View/Pay your bill Online and/or Secure your Account

After making the new account UNRESTRICTED, you will need to make it the PRIMARY account.

Follow the instructions here http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/change-your-primary-account/

to make the new account the Primaray user.

After that is done, sign out.

Sign back in as the NEW primary account holder and delete the former primary account.

Please note that once the account has been deleted you will no longer have access to that account email and anything associated with that name.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.