New Visitor

Re: If I leave Comcast can I keep my email address

Is there anything you can do to help make the transition from comcast email to Verizon email smoother.  For instance, a reply to goes out alerting people that your address will change?  I have had my comcast email for about 11 years and don't want to loose it.  Thanks.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Please see this clickable link:  http://www.trueswitch.com/

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
pdsilver

Suppose I disconnect my services temporarily - leave town for 3 months, then return - will my email account remain accessible during the 3 months (via another internet ISP in Florida), and when I return in 3 months, I re-establish my internet service - will the email accounts still be available - or do they actually delete them when you disconnect your high speed internet service (even for only 3 months)?

Service Expert
Again

pdsilver wrote:

Suppose I disconnect my services temporarily - leave town for 3 months, then return - will my email account remain accessible during the 3 months (via another internet ISP in Florida), and when I return in 3 months, I re-establish my internet service - will the email accounts still be available - or do they actually delete them when you disconnect your high speed internet service (even for only 3 months)?

You'll need to call Comcast and ask them.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

If you quit the service entirely-----no, you can't use your email because you will have canceled your service.  However, there is a "snowbird" service available that allows you to suspend the account for a period of 2 to 6 months.  There is a small monthly fee that applies to keep it active.  While suspended, you can indeed still use your Comcast email address.

Call Comcast for the details.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Visitor

[ Edited ]

Interesting... I was hoping for a $5-$10 a month charge to keep the email without any other services. Their loss I guess..... I have had Comcast for around 10 years but moving to an area that's not serviced by them. Time to start planning for the "snowbird" option while I start changing my email for everything. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

You could step up an email account with GMail,and have your email sent there after you leave Comcast... IF you are leaving permanently.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

Would it be a permanent forward after discontinuing all services? We have been great customers of Comcast, they just don't service the area of San Diego we're moving to.... Thanks for your reply!
Email Expert
Latoque

I think Carole means that you might consider using gMail from now on.  I don't think Comcast is going to forward mail for a non-customer.  If I'm not mistaken, after you discontinue the service, your Comcast email address won't work any more.  But before you leave, you should forward anything in your folders you want to keep to the new address.

As an experiment, you could also set up automatic email forwarding in Comcast at Customer Central, and set it to go to the new address.  It would be interesting to see how long it works if at all.  But I wouldn't count on it.

Just as an aside, the only ISP I can think of that lets you keep your email account after you cancel their service is MSN.  I had MSN as my dial-up ISP for two and a half years.  My email address was  ======@MSN.com.  When I moved I got Verizon DSL and a different email address of course.  The old MSN address is still mine and still works.  The reason is that @MSN addresses are actually Hotmail accounts.  So they let you keep it.  I don't know if MSN is still an active ISP or not, but there are a lot of those @MSN accounts still out there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Visitor

Visitor

Thanks everyone... I'm already starting to point everything over to gmail. I think I'll also test to see how long emails come after canceling.
New Visitor
Zman44

There is a program called true switch which will help you make the change over for your new email. It will do a mass email to everyone in your contact list telling them your new email address. It will also import all your contacts to your new email. You will no longer be able to use your old email.
Service Expert
Again

Zman44 wrote:
There is a program called true switch which will help you make the change over for your new email. It will do a mass email to everyone in your contact list telling them your new email address. It will also import all your contacts to your new email. You will no longer be able to use your old email.

True Switch closed down services in the Fall of 2013.

Locking a thread that is 18 months old.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---