New Visitor
jcfsh03

Re: Now Can't Send Mail on iPad and iPhone

Does anyone know how to sync Comcast email on iPad with the comcast email on their PC?  I can read send and delete from both the iPad and PC but they do not sync up, so when I pull up email on my PC it does not show all the emails I deleted on my iPad.  Does the xfinity app fix this?  Please help!! This is so frustrating.  I am told to switch my email to gmail.

Mac Expert
Joel

The Comcast email system is a POP-based system. The multi-device synching you describe is not possible in a POP-based environment. However, to work around the limitations of POP, Comcast makes available SmartZone, both via your web browser from any work station, and via the Xfinity Mobile App for your supported mobile device. Using SmartZone (SZ) from your computer or mobile device, all of your actions are reflected between devices as you are simply accessing SZ from different devices in different manners. Actions taken in POP-based email clients (like Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.) are not synched as these programs are limited by the functionality of POP. Unless Comcast adopts IMAP for their email system (which is supported in SZ btw), email clients will suffer from this lack of functionality on Comcast's email system; users wishing to sync between devices will be required to use a combination of SZ/Xfinity Mobile App.

New Visitor
jcfsh03

Hi Thanks for your help.  I will download the xfinity mobile app to my iPad and see if that helps.  Thanks -

New Visitor
Jorcor

Did the affinity app help? I can't even open my comcast email at all? Know how to get these files to work?
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Using either the Xfinity mobile app or the http://m.comcast.net site in Safari will give you direct access to your Comcast mailbox. 

I don't know what you mean by "can't even open my Comcast email at all"? You can't get into SmartZone from your desktop?