Regular Contributor

Re: forwarding email with pictures

• CCCarole wrote:

rnrmackie wrote:

How can I forward an email with pictures. Every time I try the pictures do not go through? This is very frustrating.

Assuming you are using Smartzone... which version do you use, the full or the lite version? :  Are the pictures an attachment in a message you received?  Or, were they embedded in the message itself?

Are you getting any error message when attempting to send?  If yes, copy/paste the entire message in your reply.

Another possibility is that you are exceeding the Comcast limit- Which is 10MB's for a message.

I have the same problem; please help:

• I am using Smartzone Lite version. 
  • The pictures are embedded in the message, but also show as attachments at the bottom of the          e-mail.  When I forward the e-mail, people tell me they don't see the pictures or the attachements.
  • I do not receive an error message, and the e-mails do not exceed the 10MB limit. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Poly4me

Email Expert
CCCarole

A couple  of things to check:  When forwarding are the attachment boxes checked?  They need to be.

In Composing tab- Are you sending as HTML?

In Email tab:  Format email- Is the boxes checked to include as an attachment?  Is Display format as HTML?

Are the recipients seeing a blue link anywhere in the email, with the name of the file?  With a choice to View or download that they can click on?  Test by forwarding to yourself.  What do you see?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
quacky2011

I am having the same problem with forwarding pictures ysing Smartzone. I tried to forward to my other email address and the attachment showed up as an attachment. It said View asText & download. When I downloaded it was blank. Can you help?

Email Expert
CCCarole

quacky2011 wrote:

I am having the same problem with forwarding pictures ysing Smartzone. I tried to forward to my other email address and the attachment showed up as an attachment. It said View asText & download. When I downloaded it was blank. Can you help?

When you want to forward pictures and want to include the attachment, you must sure that you the box below the word Subject, by the paperclip is checked.  If not, it will not be attached.  Are you using the full or lite version of SZ?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
quacky2011

I think I figured it out. I tried forwarding to Yahoo and it worked fine. It didn't work with Gmail.  Must be Gmail's problem. 

Thanks for the really quick reply!!!

Contributor
quacky2011

Can you help with another problem please? After typing in the subject line, the cursor doesn't appear in the body. That is, sometimes it does, mostly it doesn't. What am I doing wrong?  I'm using SmartZone, doesn't appear to be Lite.

Email Expert
CCCarole

quacky2011 wrote:

Can you help with another problem please? After typing in the subject line, the cursor doesn't appear in the body. That is, sometimes it does, mostly it doesn't. What am I doing wrong?  I'm using SmartZone, doesn't appear to be Lite.

Have you cleared your browser cache?  Which browser do you use?  Internet Explorer?  Which version?  7-8-9-  Firefox?  Chrome?

CC

Contributor
quacky2011

I'm using Chrome. I just cleared the cache, restarted Chrome and still doesn't work.  Now what?

Email Expert
CCCarole

quacky2011 wrote:

I'm using Chrome. I just cleared the cache, restarted Chrome and still doesn't work.  Now what?

There is an issue with Chrome and Smartzone- They don't play nice together.  The good news is that this will be resolved when you are updated to the new XfinityConnect which is replacing Smartzone.  In the meantime- Here is the work-around:  Read the first post in the Thread  Clickable link

CC

Contributor
quacky2011

Thank you!  I printed out the workaround just in case, and I'll use Firefox until "the fix is in".