New Visitor
ruthyrussell

Re: why can't i open my email???

I haven't been able to open my email for 2 weeks or more.  I can sign in and see that I have numerous emails waiting, but cannot open when I click on any of the options.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Are you using SmartZone or SmartZone Lite? If you are using the regular version, can you switch to the Lite version to see if that works? After you open SmartZone (which you say works), choose Preferences. When there, click on Lite, save the changes, quit SmartZone, and then start SmartZone again.

If you still can't open messages you see, post again.

New Visitor
PatBB

I have the same problem when using IE9!  I click on emails & nothing happens!   They refuse to open!  I'm going to try Firefox to see what happens.

New Visitor
kefty

I have the same problem.  When I first go to the Inbox screen, I get an error message that says "An error occurred while initializing the zimlet "comcast_search."  Please notify administrator."  It has me send an error report, but that never results in anything.  Once at the Inbox, no email can be opened, although after double clicking on an email the envelope icon shows as open.  Basically, the xfinity email on the website is worthless.  I don't know how to notify the administrator or even talk with anyone about what the error is and how to fix it.

New Visitor
ppasto_d09

I can see my emails but Iam also unable to open my email within the last 2 wks what is the problem, I receive and error zimlet comast_search.

Email Expert
JR071702

I would try each of these steps in order - retrying getting into Xfinity Connect after each step:

1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.

2) Reset your browser to the default settings.

3) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.

JR

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

You might also try flushing your DNS cache; not just clearing cookies/cache:

Right click on Command Prompt and "run as administrator".  Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.  Or cut/paste my bolded text.

However, considering that so many, many customers are having this problem, I really suspect it's on Comcast's end.  Do you have the latest Java version ?  I found I was getting javascript errors on the xfinity webmail page. 

I do wish Comcast would investigate this, as telling folks to use a different browser is neither customer-friendly, nor savvy if their pages won't work with Internet Explorer.  It's more than just a one-off with so many people having this problem, IMHO.

ppasto_d09

A representative of comcast told me on one of my calls they could fix it but it would $49.95, I refused to pay for something that wasn't my fault.  I was told be another rep it was my computer that wasn't true.  I don't have any problems with my computer. I changed to firefox it works find, but I shouldn't have to change browser, this problem need to be fixed

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Re: why can't I open my email???

[ Edited ]

Thank You
-Keisha-
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Re: why can't I open my email???

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

Why can't I open my email?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Read the FIRST post in THIS thread and follow all suggestions given.

New Visitor

I am having the same problem!  If I figure it out, I will let you know.  I can read the emails on my nook, but not my laptop. 

New Visitor

Did you ever figure it out?

New Visitor
PatBB

I somehow arranged to have all my Comcast email forwarded to another e-mail address of mine & I view them there.  Maybe I should try again so I don't keep paying $3.95 a month to the other email service.