New Visitor

Recover restore deleted emails

I just accidently deleted a lot of emails from my comcast account that I would like to recover. What are the steps for recovery.

V/r Stu

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Recover restore deleted emails

sgtaylor03 wrote:

You can I just accidently deleted a lot of emails from my comcast account that I would like to recover. What are the steps for recovery.

V/r Stu

Are they in the Trash Folder? If they are, you can drag and drop them back in the Inbox. If not, most likely they cannot be recovered.  XfinityConnect does not a system in place to recover messages that you deleted.

You an try calling 1-800 comcast tho, and see if they still have any back-ups.  Usually once messages are downloaded from the server, they are not available longer than a couple of days from Comcast.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

CCCarole,

THANKS for the quick response. You saw right thru me and knew immediatley that i didnt know what I was doing. 

All this happened in the last hour or two. I deleted my emails from my smart phone and did not realized it deleted from my account. Thought it would be there when I logged into comcast on my computer. Ouch!!! Painful lesson.

On the other hand, nice that I dont have to delete from my phone and computer both.

Checked trash and all was gone. I'm very sad.

Will give the number a call and see if they have a solution.

THANKS!!!!

Stu

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

sgtaylor03 wrote: ... I deleted my emails from my smart phone and did not realized it deleted from my account.

Your smartphone's email advanced settings probably includes an option to leave messages on the mail server when you delete them from your phone. You might give that configuration a try.

Email Expert
CCCarole

New Visitor

GREAT idea I'll give that a try.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Moved to. It's own Thread as this Thread was three years old. Click the link to go to your post and any replies to it.