New Visitor

Resizing photos in Comcast e mail

How do I resize my photos when sending them as an attachment in an e mail so the recipient will receive them faster and they will be a smaller file to open?
Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Resizing photos in Comcast e mail

[ Edited ]

There are a number of different ways, some depend on which operating system you have too.  The easiest way is to right click on the picture and look for 'Resize Picture'.  There is also an Advanced tab there to do resizing options.  Another way is to use 'Paint' (under Accessories on your pc) which takes a bit longer...and if you have XP, (not Vista)there is a download for resizing available under their Power Toys.  LINK

If we can help you further, please post back. 

Other Users may have some other suggestions as well.

Message Edited by CCCarole on 02-09-2009 03:16 PM

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
madylarian

If you want a more powerful, yet easy-to-use graphics program, I suggest Irfanview.  Oh, and did I mention that it's free?  Open your photo, press Ctrl + R, and resize to your heart's content.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Email Expert
CCCarole

Mady, Thank you for the link.  I have downloaded it myself. :smileyhappy: I will play around with it and see if this would be a program my neighbor students would find easy to use too. :smileywink:

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
madylarian

Once you try it you'll never go back to Paint.  :smileycool:

mady

Email Expert
JR071702

madylarian wrote:

If you want a more powerful, yet easy-to-use graphics program, I suggest Irfanview.  Oh, and did I mention that it's free?  Open your photo, press Ctrl + R, and resize to your heart's content.

mady

Thanks Mady!    I hate Paint with a passion.   Especially the color loss when I save as a gif.   Does Irfanview do a better job of that???

JR

Email Expert
madylarian

JR071702 wrote:

Thanks Mady!    I hate Paint with a passion.   Especially the color loss when I save as a gif.   Does Irfanview do a better job of that???

I think so.  It's quite powerful and it has lots of bells and whistles if you want to use them.  Or it can be quite simple. There are also a number of plugins available, though I don't use any so I can't tell you about them.

mady