New Visitor

Saving email to hard drive

How do I save my emails to my local hard drive - WITHOUT using Outlook. I have one year's worth of email accumulated while depolyed to Iraq that I want to save, but I don't want to play with Outlook, or take any chances screwing up my level of comfort with the Comcast interface (i.e. mail going to both Outlook and Comast).  Most of my emails are stored in different folders I created on the Comcast server. Is there another solution to this - I appreciate any help on this.
Most Valued Poster
Michael

Re: Saving email to hard drive

bobie21,

In order to save email directly to your hard drive, it will be necessary to use a dedicated email client.  If you do not wish to use Outlook, there are many other email clients available (most of them free).
Service Expert
Bartleby

Re: Saving email to hard drive

[ Edited ]
bobie21,

When you use webmail, you're looking at the mail as it sits on the comcast servers.  And webmail (even the updated version) doesn't provide an option to do a "download/save" to your own PC, or to removable storage media at your end.

So short of taking the "leap" to set-up an e-mail client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) you aren't going to be able to save the messages currently on the server.

It's really not that bad...and if you follow the FAQ's, you'll see that you can set the client up to leave copies on the server.  To maintain the "folder structure" you have under webmail, you just download stuff to the client by transferring your folders to your inbox on webmail (one at a time).  Download to the client, move to a folder to save them, then repeat with another folder.

Message Edited by Bartleby on 10-25-200606:38 PM