Bronze Star Contributor
kathyjoe

Secondary Email Account cannot be accessed from Webmail

As of today, I cannot access my secondary email account from the Comcast Homepage (webmail). I can see that there is new email in the preview window, but cannot access the preview page.  I get the following message:

Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet

Need it? Subscribe now »
Have it? Use your Comcast ID & password to Sign in now »

Forgot your Comcast.net sign-in info? Get it now »
Learn more about mySIGN-IN by Comcast

If you landed here when attempting to configure "Advanced Call Forwarding" on Xfinity Connect, it is because the Xfinity Voice 2go "Advanced Call Forwarding" feature is not currently available for your level of service (Xfinity Voice only or Xfinity Voice & Xfinity TV).

At this time you cannot have calls forwarded from your Xfinity Voice home number to your mobile devices or to your Personal Phone Numbers. This feature should be available in the near future. Please look for an e-mail in the beginning of July letting you know when the Advanced Call Forwarding feature will be enabled.

I have no problem accessing our Primary Account from the Home Page.  Any solutions?

kathyjoe
Contributor

Re: Secondary Email Account cannot be accessed from Webmail

I am experiencing the same problem.  But mine happened after I activated a rental Comcast cable modem because I was told that my original unit was obsolete.  I am not sure if there is any link between the two.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

kathyjoe wrote: ... Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet ...

This message usually means there is an error in the way Comcast set up your internet account. Call 1-800-Comcast, report the problem, and have them fix it.

Contributor

I called 800-xfinity but they could not solve the problem. My secondary account has been established as long as I have had my primary one.
New Visitor
donkeylady2

can you describe what needs to be fixed?

Contributor

Here is the problem:  secondary e-mail account(s) cannot be accessed for reasons detailed at the beginning of this thread.  There is no problem with accessing the primary e-mail account.

I am also given another number to call, (877) 443-3596.  The tech there informed me that there would be a $14+ charge to fix/look at the problem.  I told him that since this was a Comcast-created problem, I should not be penalized.  But if I don't pay, they won't fix it.  So that is the latest status.

I should have kept either a yahoo or gmail account.

New Visitor

Same problem began on Friday, July 12th after installing a replacement modem to take advantage of the "promised" higher internet speeds.  I can access the primary email account but not the secondary accounts.  After discussions with 5 different Comcast support representatives, I finally was told that a widespread problem existed and was being worked by the Signature Support group.  A follow-up today, confirmed the continuing problem, and that I would be contacted by a Comcast representative when the problem was resolved.

Contributor

In the meantime, whoever sends a message to any of the secondary e-mail accounts will receive an automatic reply from Comcast stating that e-mail address does not exist.

Comcast is sending a tech over to check out the hardware tomorrow.  I will keep you posted on the progress.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

pvNJ wrote: ... Comcast is sending a tech over to check out the hardware tomorrow. ...

You don't need a tech -- you need a customer service rep who knows their job.  If your primary account is working, the tech visit is a waste of time, and probably of money.

For another possibility please see http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Email-Problem-Comcast-Clueless-To-Fixin...

Contributor

Thank you, BruceW - That thread DID it!

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

Cool!

Bronze Star Contributor
kathyjoe

Sorry for the late reply.  Just got the notice that there were comments to my post today. 

A good Comcast tech did fix the problem.  He called when I was in a crowded restaurant, so I couldn't hear his fix, but I suspect your solution was the problem.

Also, after I called it in, I noticed that when I tried to log in to my Primary Email Account, the link in the Explorer Bar indicated

kathyjoe