RFD3

Setting up Comcast email on Android Charge

Droid Charge is requesting "Domain" to set up Comcast email

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Setting up Comcast email on Android Charge

Hello,

Try this settings

Comcast's email servers are POP3, the server name is mail.comcast.net.  You can use port 110 for plaintext email, or 995 with SSL for encrypted email (recommended).

For sending mail, the server smtp.comcast.net.  You can use port 25, 465, or 587.  With 587, you must have authentication, and I would recommend TLS (may be referred to simply as SSL as with many clients).

New Visitor
RFD3

when setting up an email account, like comcast email on my droid, it uses an exchange server.  They ask for the "Domain", Username, Password and exchange server.  It dose not ask for POP3 server or which port to use.  That is why I am asking what the Domain would be for Comcast email's exchange server settings.

Thank you,

RFD3

Bronze Problem Solver

RFD3 wrote:

when setting up an email account, like comcast email on my droid, it uses an exchange server.  They ask for the "Domain", Username, Password and exchange server.  It dose not ask for POP3 server or which port to use.  That is why I am asking what the Domain would be for Comcast email's exchange server settings.

Thank you,

RFD3

Comcast don't have Exchange servers (or IMAP servers), they have POP3 servers. I'm not familiar with Droids, but it sounds like you need to delete what you've done so far and start over, and tell the Droid that you want to set up a POP3 account

Official Employee
ComcastJordan

RFD3,

The Charge allows you to setup POP3, IMAP or Exchange email accounts.  You want to select POP3.  The server setting are exactly what Steve posted.  You'll also want ot set the port to 587 and enter your login credentials.

Hope that helps.

New Visitor
nissaf

Hi.

I recently had my password changed on my comcast acct and it stopped syncing. I am not sure how I did it originally, but I could not find a way to fix the comcast acct and get it to sync.  So, I installed the Xfinity App to view my emails there.  At least it worked.

NF

New Visitor
tjcbwi

Have not been able to reset my Charge Email - Was working fine for 2 years.

What is the correct Domain Name

What is exchange server 

Post given are not working - please advise