New Visitor
Hikerstill

Setting up a new comcast email account

I just recently hooked up with Comcast and I didn't set up an email account when I was getting my interent service activated. Now I can't seem to find information on how to set this up. I'm not referring to how to set it up in Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail, but first creating the actual email accoundt.

If someone could point me in the right direction, ti would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Setting up a new comcast email account

Hikerstill wrote:

I just recently hooked up with Comcast and I didn't set up an email account when I was getting my interent service activated. Now I can't seem to find information on how to set this up. I'm not referring to how to set it up in Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail, but first creating the actual email accoundt.

If someone could point me in the right direction, ti would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

Comcast internet?  When your Comcast internet was set up you should have been given a primary username and password.  Was that the one you used to log on to this forum?  That username IS your email address/account; yourusername@comcast.net is your email address.  To access your email on Comcast go to www.comcast.net.  On the upper right will be a block that says "Email".  Click on it, fill in your username and password and it will take you to your email.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
Moneymoney

I just set a account up the for helping
New Visitor
Spanky1912

I would like to set up an email account with comcasr. Please help me to do it. Thank You Diane

Email Expert
CCCarole

Do you mean you want to set up a Secondary account?  You already have your Primary username and password.

To do:

Sign in with your Primary Username and password

1- Click on MY ACCOUNT at the top of the page

2- You will be re-directed into Customer Cetral...

3- Now click on the Users and Settings tab

You now see the exisiting usernames, and at the end there is ADD A USER

4- Click on Add User

5- A window comes up, fill in all the required information

6- Click ADD USER

add user 2.JPG

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Yankobs

How can I create a new email account
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Yankobs wrote:
How can I create a new email account

Follow the directions given by Carole in the post above yours. If you sign in to My Account and do not see a way to add an email address you are signed in as a secondary user account holder.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.