Contributor
c2k2

Significant Incoming E-mail delivery delays

For the past few days, I've been experiencing significant e-mail delivery delays between send/receive.  All incoming domains are affected (yahoo, gmail, other corporate .com addresses, etc)

Some e-mails are delayed over 12 hours between the time it was sent, to time it arrived. Many when delayed, is received by comcast server in batches.

so far the known "receipt batch" times are (all in PDT):

10/18 sent past 10:00pm, arrive 10/19 7:16am (9+hr delay)

10/19 7:16am to approximagely 11:53pm all arrive within minutes

10/20 1:00am, all mail arrive in a batch at 8:08am. (7hr delay)

10/20 from 8:08am all mails following are delayed about 1hr30min

from 10/20 past 11am, all mail arrive in a batch past 11:00pm in random batches (12hr delay), with few that makes it through with few minute delays.  e-mails are not received in the order sent (I receive a reply to a message I didn't receive first, then the original message arrives)

This is intolerable!  I will be in a middle of an active e-mail exchange with a client, and all of a sudden it stops.

anyone else having this problem?

Contributor

Re: Significant Incoming E-mail delivery delays

Are you using a locally installed email client (for example: MS Outlook) or are you experiencing the incoming email delays you've described on your first line all within their respective web clients?

Dale

Visitor
c2k3

yes.  the delay is through all possible access methods.  webmail, iPod, Entourage, Outlook.  so the delay is at the server level.  mails sent to my account is just not getting through (held in a queue somewhere).

it has to be some specific server that particular e-mail address is handled through.  I have several e-mail addresses with comcast, and when I send it to all of my comcast address, plus gmail and yahoo from a gmail account, it all arrives within minutes EXCEPT for that one particular account.  and the weird thing is, some mail goes through quickly, while others are taking anywehre from 10-23 hours.  sometimes I receive a large batch all at the same time (sent times are all different, but receive time is the same), or singlets that are delayed anywehre from 1-15hrs. 

I called customer sevice and they're looking into it.  but locked me out of my account while doing so... grrr...

New Visitor

The last email I received on Comcast account was Friday, October 28. Today is October 31. I've been waiting for some comfirmation emails, which I should have been received by now. hmm...

Email Expert
JR071702

topwithins wrote:

The last email I received on Comcast account was Friday, October 28. Today is October 31. I've been waiting for some comfirmation emails, which I should have been received by now. hmm...

What happens if you send yourself a test e-mail?   Do you get it??

JR

Official Employee
CC_Severin

c2k2,

Can you send me a private message containing the address you are expecting to receive these messages at and some examples of the delayed sender addresses?

Thanks

Severin
Comcast Anti-Abuse Manager
Contributor
c2k2

some test messages made it through, others came through delayed.  Comcast tech service sent a test message (didn't believe me that I'm missing e-mails), and it never arrived (HAH!).  If I mail myself using the same account, it shows up quickly.  so it's definitely some handoff problem between the server where my account resides, and its communication path.

I have couple other comcast.net e-mail addresses and they do not have this problem.  just this particular one.

it seems to come and go.. and when it happens it's pretty persistent for few days.