Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Signing into my email

Why do i have to keep signing in to get to my email?.. I was able to sign in one time and when i wanted to

check my email i could just go to my email on my Xfinity home page..but for some reason i have to keep

signing in... its very annoying.. This problem just started today..So whats changed??

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Signing into my email

born2run992121 wrote:

Why do i have to keep signing in to get to my email?.. I was able to sign in one time and when i wanted to

check my email i could just go to my email on my Xfinity home page..but for some reason i have to keep

signing in... its very annoying.. This problem just started today..So whats changed??

Do you have the feature Remember me enabled?  If you delete cookies when you close your browser, you also delete the Comcast cookie which is used for the Remember me feature.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

where would i find that on my computer?.. i have a mac computer if that makes a difference?

Email Expert
CCCarole

On the Comcast homepage where you sign in. See the box to Keep me signed in... Did you set it up?

sign in.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

It seems to be working now.. Somehow i didnt have clicked on the black box on comcast home page

so it seems to be working now.. Thanks for your help...

Contributor

I do keep signing in and checking  Remember me on this computer or keep me signed in, and when I close the window, the next time I come to the homepage, I still have to sign in again.  What's the problem?  Is my security setting too high or low?  Have I turned off my cookies?  How do I check for these problems/solutions?

New Visitor

I have to sign in everytime to get to my e-mail -  even when I click on "Keep me signed in".  What do I do to correct this annoying problem?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

pugchance, what browser (name and version) are you using?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

I have been experiencing a similar problem here. It started a few days ago, almost simultaneously  appearing on both of our computers. Both run XP one with Chrome and one with Firefox.  There were no known changes to either during that period.

We check the 'keep me logged in thing' EVERYTIME and our cookies do not get cleared on exit.

We both get kicked off many times a day now.  PLUS, we have to log in twice.  The first login takes you to the http://xfinity.comcast.net/ home page. It used to be that clicking 'email' in the upper bar would take you to the email. Now, we are directed to a second login page to access our email.  

One curous point is that the first login page gives the option of using Facebook. The second says that Facebook logins are not supported. This appears internally inconsistant and may be a clue to what's going on? (We use direct login via xfinity.)

New Visitor

Google Chrome / updated version

New Visitor

The weird behavior has stopped. Thanks!?!