New Visitor
sratson

Smtp gateway not responding..

I have a couple HP CM3530 MFPs on a corporate network setup to send scans via email through smtp.comcast.net. Today they are getting an error that the smtp gateway is not responding. Any reason that would be happening?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: Smtp gateway not responding..

Still not working? Is this a business account? Have you asked in the business help forum?

New Visitor
sratson

No, changed to a different smtp server. Where are the business forums? Care to share a link?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

[ Edited ]

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

Or perhaps the actual forum is http://businesshelp.comcast.com/

I don't know if anyone pays attention there, but I think they are supposed to.

Official Employee
ComcastAlex

sratson: What is the error that your systems receive?  They should be logging some type of error, either that the connection times out, or the name cannot be resolved.

If you manually 'telnet smtp.comcast.net 25' from your server, do you get any further information?

New Visitor
lwg9q

I am having the exact same issue. I have a HP Colorlaserjet CM3530 which I have used to email scanned documents for a year using smtp.comcast.net.  Now I get constant error messages that the gateway cannot be reached. I recently updated to a Docsis 3.0 modem. Any ideas why my connectivity suddenly broke?

New Visitor
sratson

Telnet works to the server. just won't respond as a valid gateway on the HP. Don't know what changed suddenly, but I have two of these and they both won't communicate with the server anymore. Changed to a different mail server. works fine.

New Visitor
lwg9q

What mail servers are available? Can you recommend to me one that works. My internet is with ComCast. Can I use a google/gmail server?  LG