Contributor
Boskosauce

Spam From My Own Email Address

I have been getting spam sent to me from my own email address and to fix this issue, I attempted to change my password, only to find out it's nearly impossible to do that myself..

Because my account is a secondary account on my mothers primary account, I had to jump through hoops. I had to do a chat with someone who tried helping me but only frustrated me even more. Asked for my mothers last 4 digits of her social, then telling me that was incorrect. Asking for the account number, only to tell me that was also incorrect. For Comcast to be all about security, they really make it impossible to have a secure email system if users can't even change our own passwords easily.

All I wanted to do was change my password. :smileysad:

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Spam From My Own Email Address

Did your Mom try to reset it for you?  She can do that you know, and you don't have to get on the phone with anyone.  All she has to do is sign into her account as the primary, and then select your address from the drop down list, and then click on "Change Password/secret question".

Did she attempt it and it didn't work or what?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Email Expert
CCCarole

If your Secondary Account is a restricted account, you cannot make the change.  As Lataque said, your Mom will need to do it for you.

Also, do check your Sent Folder in XC.  Do you see messages there that you did not send?

When changing the password, to create a strong password,make sure it contains upper & lower case letters, some numbers. And. Character or two. (maximum length is 16 characters.  Never use the same password on multiple websites.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
Boskosauce

Well, it's kinda tricky. She had her email address changed, and now her account no longer displays secondary accounts, so I'm not sure how to go about accessing the change password page for my account. And no, I see the messages in my Spam folder.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Boskosauce wrote:

Well, it's kinda tricky. She had her email address changed, and now her account no longer displays secondary accounts, so I'm not sure how to go about accessing the change password page for my account. And no, I see the messages in my Spam folder.

Are you saying she changed her PRIMARY Username and password? 

She can sign in with her PRIMARY Username and password and follow these instructions.  Is it possible at all, that Mom does not want you to hav access?

Go to the Customer Central sign in page (clickable link)

Underneath SIGN IN you will see Don't know your email or username? Click the link.

Tick the circle next to your address, click Next.

All user accounts will be listed. The primary account will have that designation next to it.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
Boskosauce

LOL, no that's not possible. I have access to her own email address and I myself and even unable to find the secondary accounts. I found the page, but it really doesn't display any information. I'm 26, she has no reason to keep that away from me. I'm to the point where I'm going to change over everything to NOT use my comcast email because changing a password should NOT be this difficult.

And what I'm saying is, she changed her primary EMAIL. She had comcast change it to something different because of an issue, and now we're unable to see secondary accounts. What I think that may have happened is that Comcast kept her other email, but we're unable to access it for whatever reason.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Ok- Did you try what I posted above?  Does it ONLY show her new Primary?

Contributor
Boskosauce

I just did that, and it only shows her new primary.

Email Expert
CCCarole

OK- To me that means Comcast did NOT move the Secondary Users over to the new Account.  Since it is the holiday weekend, I would wait until tomorrow if you can, then call 1-800 comcast and explain the entire situation to them. If they canjot help you, post back and we will escalate this for you.

Contributor
Boskosauce

Yeah that's what I figured, I actually told her that that's probably what happened. She said she'll go ahead and call sometime tomorrow herself, if they give her any issues, I'll call myself. I'll be sure to post here if they also give me any issues. Thanks!

Email Expert
CCCarole

I hope not, but it is entirely possible that the Secondary usernames were dumped during the switch to the new Primary Account.  I hope not.  If that IS the case, you will have to create new ones. :smileysad:

Usually, when a customer leaves Comcast, the Usernames are held for 90 days until they are released for someone else to use.  IF it has NOT been 90 days, they should be able to set them back to be associated with your Mom's new Primary.  BUT, the contents (emails) would probably be lost.

Just a heads up for you.  Good luck!

CC

Contributor
Boskosauce

It's actually been this way for about 2 years, so that's not the case which is good I suppose.

Contributor
Boskosauce

Well, everything has been worked out. My email address definitely was NOT associated with any accounts, so they moved it over to my mothers new account and I was able to change my password.

Thanks for the help.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Thank you for taking the time to let us know it has been fixed for you.  I do appreciate knowing the outcome of our attempts to help.  :smileygrin:Thanks again!

CC