Contributor
mackschwing
Accepted Solution

Subsidiary email account not receiving emails

Yesterday one of my subsidiary email accounts stopped receiving emails.  I have contacted Comcast and was told a trouble ticket has been filed, but it has been 36 hours since I received any emails and I am concerned that there may be some important ones.

I have tried Xfinity, Firefox, Windows 7, Outlook but none of them receive emails for this one account.  My primary account and two other subsidiary accounts are working fine.

Help!

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Subsidiary email account not receiving emails

Have you checked the Spam folder for that account?

Have you tried sending it an email from another mail provider?  If so do you get any kind of error message?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
mackschwing

Yes I have checked the spam folder.  It is empty.

I have sent messages to the account from another provider.  No message and no error message.

Official Employee
ComcastGabriel

mackschwing, can you send me a private message with the email address of your subsidiary account you are having problems with?

Email Expert
Latoque

I assume you are using only Xfinity webmail, and not an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Can you send OK with the account in question?  Do emails from that address get to their destination?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
mackschwing

How do I send you a private email?

Official Employee
ComcastGabriel

If you click on my name to the left of this post, it will take you to my info page.  There should be a link there with the text 'Send this user a private message'.

Official Employee
ComcastGabriel

It appears your Email Safe List has become enabled which is causing all of your incoming emails to get dropped.  To disable your Email Safe List, use the following steps:

Sign in with your Primary Account Username
Click on ACCOUNT at the top of the page
Click on the Users&Settings Preferences tab
Click on the username having the issue
Click on EMAIL SETTINGS
Turn off the Safe List.

(Thanks to CCCarole for those steps)

Contributor
mackschwing

Yes the safe list was on, but can i recover the emails from the past two days?

Official Employee
ComcastGabriel

Unfortunately not, sorry.  By that being enabled, the messages were all discarded.