New Visitor
rveczko

Syncing outlook with web email

Is there a way that I can sync my comcast web email to my outlook comcast email? Currently, even if I have cleared out my email online, the same emails exist on my outlook email and vice versa. I need to delete the same email twice - once online and once in outlook. Any ideas? Thanks.

Networking Expert
kevj

Re: Syncing outlook with web email

If you have set Outlook to 'Leave a copy of mail on the server' which it sounds like you have, you can accomplish this FROM OUTLOOK by using the account option under the Advanced Settings to either remove the messages from the server (SmartZone) either after a specified period, or when you delete them from your Deleted Items folder in Outlook. So if you delete a message in Outlook it goes into the Deleted Items folder. It isn't really deleted until you empty the Deleted Items folder, but if you set the aforementioned optio, when you empty Deleted Items, and messages on the server should also be deleted the next time a Send/Receive occurs.

There is not way to accomplish the same thing from SmartZone (ie you can't delete a message in SmartZone and have it disappear from Outlook). There is no 'sync' option...

---------------------------------------
Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Email Expert

I think he's talking about the opposite thing.  He's deleting the message in SmartZone after he's already downloaded it to Outlook, and he wants it to then be deleted in Outlook automatically.

I don't think there's a way to do this.

Networking Expert
kevj

The 'vice versa'  in the OP  made me think it might be either way....

---------------------------------------
Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true